Federal Ministry of Education – The Honorable Minister of Education, Malam Adamu invites applications from qualified Nigerian University graduates to participate in the 2018/2019 Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) selection exercise.
2018/2019 Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) UK Academic Year (Beginning in September/October, 2018)
The awards are tenable in the United Kingdom in any of two categories:
- One year taught Master course; or
- Doctoral degrees of up to three years duration.
Candidates without any of the following requirements need not to apply:
- A first Degree of at least Second Class Upper for Maters and Relevant Master degree in addition to a Second Class Upper degree for Doctoral;
- Candidates selected may be required to provide evidence of a particular level of competence in the use of English; and
- A medical Certificate of Fitness obtained from a Government Hospital.
- Admission into a least one (1) UK Higher Institution listed in this website: http://bit.ly/cscuk-uk-universities;
- Evidence of supporting statement from a prospective supervisor from their chosen institutions in the UK fro PhD only;
- Evidence of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge/Exemption certificate only;
All candidates who have met the requirements stipulated in the advertorials and have successfully completed and submitted their EAS forms online are invited to the interview with the following documents:
- Two (2) hard copies of the EAS forms;
- All original credentials and two (2) copies of each;
- Original academic transcripts;
- Original and copy of NYSC discharge/exemption Certificate only;
- A medical certificate of Fitness obtained from a Government Hospitals;
- Two (2) passport size photographs; and
- Evidence of any special awards(s), prizes, academic publications and sample of work
- Evidence of submission of three (3) referee’s reports attached to each application form;
- Evidence of supporting statement from UK Supervisor for PhD only;
Date and Venue
|Date and Time||Schedule||Venue||Candidates’ Zone of Origin|
|Monday 26th February, 2018; 9.00am-12.noon||Opening Ceremony by Hon. Minister of Education||Nanet Suite Opp. Federal Minister of Justice, Abuja|
|Accreditation of Candidates||Accreditation of Candidates||FSB Abuja||North East & South West|
|Tuesday 27th February, 2018; 9.30am-6.00pm||Interview Day||Nanet Suite Opp. Federal Minister of Justice, Abuja||North East & South West|
|Tuesday 27th February, 2018; 9.30am-6.00pm||Accreditation of Candidates||FSB Abuja||South East & North Central|
|Wednesday 28th February, 2018; 9.30am – 6.00pm||Interview Day||Nanet Suite Opp. Federal Minister of Justice, Abuja||South East & North Central|
|Wednesday 28th February, 2018; 9.30am-6.00pm||Accreditation of Candidates||FSB Abuja||North West & South South|
|Thursday 1st March, 2018; 9.30am – 6.00pm||Interview Day||Nanet Suite Opp. Federal Minister of Justice, Abuja||North West & South South|
|Thursday 1st March, 2018; 9.30am-6.00pm||Collation of Scores/Results||By the Panelist|
|Friday 2nd March, 2018; 9.30am – 6.00pm||Closing & Submission of Reports||Director, FSB, Abuja|
- Candidates must ensure that they are duly accredited before the interview;
- Any candidates without the requirements mentioned eligibility will not be accredited for the interview;
- Not interview will be conducted for any candidate who fails to attend the interview on the date scheduled for their zone of origin;
- All Foreign certificate must be accompanied by the official English translation and evaluation;
- Candidates are advised to monitor the progress of their online application to ascertain before the date of the interview;
- Candidates should consider the following developmental priority areas of Nigeria as applicable to specific filed of specialization in writing their proposal: Science and Technology for development, Strengthening health systems and capacity, Promoting global prosperity, strengthening resilience and response to crises and Access, inclusion and opportunity;
- Applications will be graded on Academic Merit, likely development impact on completion of the study and quality of study plan;
- Only candidates who chose Federal Scholarship Board as their nominating Agency are to attend the interview.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (21) degree
- NYSC discharge/exemption certificate
- Admission letter from any of the UK universities listed in the Commonwealth site, need not to appear for the interview.
Method of Application
All applications for CSFP Award should be made through the Electronic Application System (EAS).
- Click Here to Start Application
- When the page opens, click on “EAS portal/Applicant’s portal”, register and complete the form online
- Upload your scanned passport photograph, academic transcripts, birth certificate and admission letter received from UK Institution listed.
- Create PDF version of the completed application form, download and print two (2) hard copies for submission at the interview venue.
- 2018 CSFP Prospectus: http://bit.ly/cscuk-apply
- EAS Guides: www.cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/scholarships
- Details on the CSC’s other programmes: www.dfid.gov.uk/cscuk
- Information on Commonwealth Scholarships offered by other Commonwealth countries: www.csfp-online.org
For Further Enquiries, Please contact the Director, Federal Scholarship Board via: email@example.com or Call: 08059108998, 08188862281
Application Deadline: 22nd February, 2018.