About The Nigerian Air Force
The Nigerian Air Force is the air branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the largest in Africa, consisting of about 15,000 personnel and aircraft including 8 Chinese Chengdu F-7s, 13 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, Helicopter gunships, armed attack drones and military transport aircraft.
The Basic Military Training Course is a Short Period Training for recruits to become Airmen and Airwomen, not normally more than 6 months of training. It is mainly for those who possess Secondary School Certificate, National Diploma certificate, NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate and Trade Test Certificate. The BMTC is comprised of Non-Tradesmen/Women with age limit between 18 and 22, and Tradesmen/Women with age limit between 18 and 25.
Academic Requirements for those Applying as Non-Tradesmen And Women
- Non-Tradesmen / Women: Applicants applying for Non-Tradesmen/Women must posses a minimum of 5 credits, including Mathematics and English Language, in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE / NECO / GCE / NABTEB.
- In addition, applicants are required to possess their school’s testimonials.
Academic Requirements for those Applying as Tradesmen And Women
- Applicants with ND/NCE must possess at least lower credit from accredited institutions and must possess a minimum of 5 credits, including Mathematics and English, in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE / NECO / GCE / NABTEB.
- Applicants applying as drivers and other trade skills that require Trade test must possess a minimum of 2 passes in SSCE / NECO / GCE / NABTEB with a credit in English in addition to their Trade Test Certificate and valid driving licence for drivers.
- Applicants applying as sportsmen/women are to present evidence of their professional experience, which should include certificates and medals.
Note: Applicant with HND or First Degrees / Post-Graduate Certificates and University Diplomas certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen / airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply. Applicants with medical qualifications must possess evidence of registration with relevant professional’s bodies and valid current practicing licence(s).
Applicants are advised to carefully read the specific disciplines required before filling the form:
- ND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Chemical Engineering Technology, Aircraft Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology / Automobile Engineering and Trade Test in Fitter Machinist.
Air Traffic Services
- ND in Meteorology, Air Traffic Controller Assistant, Base Operator, Flight Dispatcher and Fire Fighter.
Nursing and Medical Allied
- RN-RM, Medical Records Technician, Medical Lab Technician, Medical Imaging / X-ray Technician, Dental / Dental Therapy Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Community / Environmental Technician, Biomed Technician, Optometry Technician, Medical Rehabilitation / Physiotherapy Technician, Medical Supply Technician, Dietetics / Nutrition Technician and Paramedics Technician.
Communication, Information and Space Technology
- ND / Trade Certificate in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Cyber Security Tech, Computer Hardware Engineering Tech, Software Engineering Tech, Network Tech, Aerospace Engineering, Avionics Engineering, Surveying, Geoinformatics, Satellite Image Interpreter / GIS Tech, Sat-Com Hub Installation Tech, Info Tech, Fiber Optic Tech, Web Designer / Master and Software Developer.
- Possession of recognized certifications such as Diploma in Desktop Publishing, Certificate in Computer Appreciation, Certificate in Graphics Design, Certificate in Web Design, Certificate in Computer Maintenance and Networking, Certificate in Video Editing Course is an added advantage.
- ND in Public Administration, Office Technology and Management, Business Administration / Management, Statistics.
- ND in Purchasing and Supply, Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Trade skill like Tailoring are to come with Test Certificate.
Air Provost / Intelligence
- ND in Sociology, Criminology, Psychology, Statistician (Record Analyst), Intelligence and Security Studies.
- ND in Animal Health and relevant veterinary related fields.
- ND in French, Mandarin, Russian, Arabic and NCE in Kanuri Languages.
- NCE in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, Home Economics, Nigerian Languages, French, Business Education, Fine and Applied Art, Basic Science / Integrated Science, Computer Science, Music, Technical Education / Basic Technology, Library and Information Science, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge and Early Childhood Education / Primary Education.
Works / Services
- ND in Building Technology / Quantity Surveyor / Civil Engineering (Structures), Estate Management, Urban and Regional Planning, Architecture, Water supply and sanitation, Highway Engineering, Surveying and Geoinformatics, Electrical Electronics and Mechanical Engineering. Trade Test Certificate in Welding, Carpentry, Painting, Sign-Writing, Plumbing, Masonry, Draughtsman, Refrigeration, Tiling, POP and Air-Conditioning, Domestic Electrician.
Public Relation / Information
- ND in Mass Communication, Journalism, Broadcasting. Trade Test Certificate in Videography / Photography / Graphics Design.
- ND in Law.
- ND / Diploma in Theology and Catechesis.
- ND / Diploma in Arabic / Islamic Studies.
Driver / Mechanic
- SSCE / NECO / GCE / NABTEB and Trade Test certificate, valid current driver’s license and practical experience.
- ND in Catering Services / Hotel Management.
- ND in Music. Playing experience in any recognised Band is an added advantage.
- SSCE / NECO / GCE / NABTEB and must present evidence of professional experience which should include Certificate of participation/Medal(s) in national and international sporting competitions.
- In addition, ND / NCE Physical Education as well as recommendation letter from the Athlete’s State Sport Council and membership of National Sporting Association is an added advantage.
General Instruction for Applicants
- Nationality: Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth, and possess national identity card/NIN or BVN.
- Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 22 years (Applicants born before 31 March 2001 are not eligible) for non-tradesmen / women, 18 and 25 years of age (Applicants born before 31 March 1998 are not eligible) for tradesmen/women. Those applying for Chaplains Assistant/Assistant Imams and Drivers/Mechanic must be between 18 and 28 years of age (Applicants born before 31 March 1995 are not eligible).
- Marital Status: All applicants must be single.
- Height: Minimum height is 1.66m or 5.4ft for males and 1.63m or 5.3ft for females.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be medically, physically and psychologically fit and must meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Local Government Area Attestation Form: Applicants’ Local Government Area Attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same State as the applicants and not below the rank of Wing Commander in the Nigerian Air Force or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Navy or a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner and above, or Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries, Magistrates and Principals of Secondary Schools attended by applicants’ can also sign the Attestation Form. The Local Government Area Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Drivers Licence or National ID Card or International Passport. The signee is also to authenticate behind the applicants’ passport photograph.
- Presentation of original credentials: Successful applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny at the Selection Board Interview Exercise. The credentials include the following:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by the officer of appropriate rank as specified in Paragraph 6.
- Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
- Original and Photocopy of Educational/Trade Certificates.
- Original and Photocopy of Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin.
- Original and Photocopy of Attestation of Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank as specified in paragraph 6.
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Selection Exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any inquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is FREE OF CHARGE. Applicants are required to fill in valid email addresses and telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the Application Form.
- Application Forms: On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the under-listed documents:
- Acknowledgment Slip.
- Attestation of Parent/Guardians Form.
- Local Government Area Attestation Form.
- Successful applicants would be invited for Selection Board Interview Exercise through the portal.
Important Information / Notice
- Application Process is FREE OF CHARGE and no payment should be made at any point throughout the Exercise.
- Applicants are to apply once. Multiple online applications will be disqualified.
- Recruitment Interview Exercise will hold from 27th June – 28th August, 2022.
- For Support, please call: 09064432351 and 09055840142 or Email: [email protected]. All phone lines are available from Monday to Friday between 9:30AM and 5:30PM.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online