About United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- To produce clean, efficient code based on specifications, testing and deploying programs and system, fixing and improving existing software.
- Technical Excellence
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions in in Python, .Net, PHP and Java
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionalities, requirements, and specifications
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Understand and possess hands on skills on service-oriented architecture approach to software development using appropriate communication protocol.
- Participate in team education & knowledge transfer by training and knowledge sharing session.
- Must possess a sense of equity and fairness
- Good communication skills
- Ensure development of high-quality software
- Ensure proper understanding and compliance with existing IT standards.
- Ensure that projects are accurately delivered to schedule.
- Ensure deliverables meet the acceptance criteria given.
- Ensure proper documentation and source code checked into repository and versioned
- Ensure proper handover of developed software to support team for deployment and production support.
- Ensure all development is thoroughly tested before it is presented to the customer
- Provide support to third parties on solution on boarding and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 2 years and above related experience in software development
Knowledge & skills required:
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Development, customization and implementation of software solutions strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to build professional relationships
- Excellent knowledge of programming / systems analysis, as well as quality assurance
- Excellent Interpersonal relationship
- Customer relationship management
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creativity at handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong initiative to finding ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Good knowledge of ISO 8583 protocol.
- Good knowledge of financial/banking domain
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What you should expect from us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online