Expired on: Jul 1, 2022
Job Category: NGO
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Federal Caiptal Territory (FCT)
- The President’s Malaria Initiative for States (PMI-S) is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by the Management Sciences for Health (MSH).
- The goal of the project is to support the Government of Nigeria to deliver high quality malaria services in public and private health facilities and build capacity of stakeholders at the LGA, state, and national level to develop and implement effective policy that will lead to malaria control and elimination.
- The PMI-S Project will act as a resource and a catalyst to the MoH and state teams to help achieve the targets and goals agreed upon within the National Strategic Plan for Malaria 2021-2025.
- The project will focus at the state level primarily on improving service delivery of high quality prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services for malaria.
- At state and national level the project will strengthen health systems and the governance of NMEP and SMEP members to effectively coordinate and roll out cross cutting areas of improvements to the health information system and advocacy, communication and social mobilization for malaria.
- The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor is a member of the senior leadership team and will support the IDIQ at the central level and liaise with state teams to ensure quality technical service is provided to task orders as needed.
- The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor will be instrumental in the design, development, and management of malaria initiatives and will provide the technical and strategic leadership to stakeholders at every level of the health system.
- The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor will supervise a team of technical advisors that will manage direct service delivery and cross cutting areas as needed in the project and will also serve as the Deputy Chief of Party for the project.
- Collaborate with PMI-S senior management team to oversee the implementation of program activities at the federal and subnational levels.
- Lead the development and monitoring of the annual work plans and work closely with the COP to ensure that departmental work plans are implemented and monitored on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Lead development of quality technical deliverables and reports for submission to USAID and MOH.
- Participate in meetings with the Ministry of Health and USAID/ PMI to share progress, accomplishments, and challenges and ensure common understanding of current as well as future strategic direction with guidance of the COP.
- Deputize for the COP and serve as acting COP in absence of the incumbent. Also, perform other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party, Director of Finance and Administration, and Task Order Directors and the MSH Headquarters to allocate and utilize project resources in the most efficient way and ensure effective technical, budgeting and financial management.
- Lead a team of Senior Technical Advisors in both service delivery areas (prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and pharmaceutical management) and cross cutting areas (HMIS, HSS, Private Sector, and ACSM) to deliver quality malaria control and lead to elimination targets.
Vision and Technical Strategy:
- Provide overall technical leadership and strategy for all technical areas as issued within the contract.
- Support health policy reform initiatives and processes at the NMEP and SMEPs to increase efficiencies and decrease the MoH’s reliance on externally funded consultants.
- Oversee improvements to coordination and harmonization at the national level and more effective service delivery at sub-national levels for malaria services focused on prevention and case management. Develop the scale-up of mentoring and supportive supervision programs at all levels of the health system as it relates to malaria control.
- Oversee initiatives at the MoH to evaluate, standardize, and institutionalize policy and control programs including scale up and pilot of interventions. This includes improvements to malaria diagnosis through RDTs and microscopy, and accurate treatment of both uncomplicated and severe cases of malaria using national treatment guidelines.
- Work with other USAID and donor funded projects and relevant sections within the MoH to ensure that cross cutting areas such as improvements to the HMIS, and ACSM are integrated with other health initiatives and adequately monitored and evaluated to show best practices and value for money.
- Offer guidance for public sector institutional development practices.
- Develop strategies to increase sensitivity to gender equity and female empowerment; accountable for ensuring that gender and capacity development activities are integrated into all project activities.
- Coordinate the project’s work with the private sector.
- Coordinate all consortium partners’ Technical Advisors and their supporting staff in country and globally.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health (preferred PhD or MD equivalent) in infectious diseases focused on malaria or other vector borne illnesses.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing and implementing complex health care service programs in developing countries in a senior management position. (Previous Deputy Chief of Party or Technical Director Experience preferred.) Understanding of US Government policies and procedures, or of other donors, is a plus.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and interpersonal skills to ensure internal coherence among diverse team members and sub-partners, as well as external relations with the Ministry of Health, civil society, private sector and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the structure, systems and policies of the health sector in Nigeria or in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health (a must).
- Demonstrated experience building capacity of government professionals (mentorship, coaching or other) to achieve results amidst challenges will be an added advantage
- Experience in public or private sector for malaria prevention and/ or case management services.
- Demonstrated success-achieving results in multiple malaria disciplines (e.g., LLIN distribution, malaria prevention, malaria in pregnancy, diagnosis, treatment of acute and severe malaria, academic or operational research in malaria).
- Experience in developing policy and harmonized approaches in a highly diverse population.
- Strong communication skill to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Advanced professional proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
Sorry! This job has expired.