Expired on: Jul 1, 2022
Job Category: NGO
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Federal Caiptal Territory (FCT)
- Reporting to the project’s Compliance Director, the Grants Compliance Manager will be responsible for establishing and implementing systems for overall grants management, coordination, and compliance.
- S/he will provide technical oversight and advice to the state-level grants focal staff who will be responsible for day-to-day management of grants to community-based organizations (CBOs) in their respective states.
- The Grants Compliance Manager will work under the anticipated award which aims at delivering evidence-based HIV services including HIV Case Finding and Linkage (HTS), Adult Care and Treatment, Pediatric/Adolescent Care and Treatment, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT), Cervical cancer screening, TB/HIV Care, Laboratory, and Health Systems Strengthening to Support Clinical Services in Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara States.
- The Grants Compliance Manager will be based at the project’s central office in Abuja.
Grants Management System (50%):
- Establish grants management system for award and distribution of program grants, including designing and providing templates for expressions of interest, request for applications, and evaluation tools.
- Document the process by which organizations are selected for awards and notify applicants and other stakeholders of awards granted.
- Establish system for grants monitoring including designing templates for Grants Status Reports for use by the senior project management team for monitoring.
- Be aware of, and adhere to, organizational policies and procedures, local laws and regulations, and applicable donor requirements.
- Provide technical oversight of the state-level grants focal staff’s work to ensure grant recipients’ compliance with terms of the grant agreement, organizational policies and procedures, local laws and regulations, and applicable donor requirements.
- Identify gaps in existing grants management systems and provide recommendations to strengthen them while also building on developing and strengthening the project and organizational internal policies and SOPs.
- Monitor and ensure that grant recipients audits (internal or external) are performed and reports are received by the project senior management team.
Capacity Development (25%):
- Together with the state-level grants focal staff, conduct comprehensive review of grant recipients’ state of internal controls, and compliance policies and procedures to ascertain the internal controls and compliance policies and procedures are reasonable and reliable.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills; conduct training to employees, and subaward recipient personnel where appropriate, on both existing and improved policies, process flows SOPs, and donor compliance requirements.
- Follow-up on recommendations from reports from the Compliance Director, and internal and/or external auditors to ensure the recommendations have been implemented and adhered to.
Staff Supervision (0%):
- N/A. While the Grants Compliance Manager will provide technical oversight and support to the state-level grants focal staff; these state-level staff will report directly to the State Team Lead for the project in their respective state.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
- At least 7 years (10 years preferred) relevant and progressively responsible experience in fund management, financial/operational systems, grants and program management preferred with international development organizations with global reach, not for profit organizations or other large non-governmental development partners.
- Experience with implementing USAID-supported projects, including experience managing grants according to USAID regulations and procedures.
- Past experience working with partners such as Ministries of Health, local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and CBOs.
- Experience working with and providing technical assistance to NGOs and/or CBOs in internal controls and compliance systems design, implementation and review, and capacity building in other functional areas such as human resources, policies & standard operating procedures (SOPs) development.
- It is preferred that the candidate has experience conducting trainings and other capacity building work both one-on-one and with larger audiences.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Working independently within expressed parameters, regularly scheduled tasks and adherence to strict deadlines is essential.
- Personal and professional integrity, particularly with regard to good financial stewardship and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Understands the principles of adequate documentation necessary to ensure audit compliance.
Core MSH Competencies:
- Adaptability, Communication, Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation, Quality and Timeliness of Work, Quality of Work and Team Relationships
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside of the state including to remote LGAs is required
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
Sorry! This job has expired.