- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Field Manager who will be responsible for the overall management of the operational aspects in support to the program team.
- The field manager will work closely with technical coordinators to ensure proper planning and implementation of activities as per work plans, ensuring that the mission’s procedures are respected and followed by the field teams, and serve as the team leader and security focal person.
- Ensure proper PCM (Project Cycle Management) follow up and implementation of project activities in line with the different work plans through line management of the POs (Program Officers) and under the technical guidance of the Technical Coordinators;
- Ensure good level of coordination and integration of new program assessments and project evaluations in project areas;
- Support and guide the POs (Program Officers in the development of potential partnerships/alliances;
- Closely coordinate with Crisis Management Team (Country Director, Deputy Country Director HP, Security Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator) for any developments on the security situation;
- Brief all staff on security and context changes as needed;
- Ensures that AAH policies, procedures and donor regulations applicable to field activities are executed in close collaboration with field team;
- Promotion and defense of humanitarian principles towards all stakeholders;
- Training and reinforcement of understanding and adherence to humanitarian principles by AAH staff;
- Maintenance/expansion of regular relations with field-based donors, authorities and partners;
- Compliance with national laws, regulations and best practices;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related humanitarian studies. Master’s degree will be an additional advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming;
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management);
- Proven ability to translate learning, analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports;
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity, including ability to motivate, train and organize a multi-cultural team;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment;
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities;
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites;
- Experience in insecure context.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Benefit
- NGN 830,693 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.