- Responsible for the assessment, monitoring, planning and management of the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company (UAC Foods Limited and Spring Waters Nigeria Limited).
Duties & Responsibilities
Cash & Working Capital Management:
- Advise management on the liquidity situation of the company, gearing level and structure of the cost of funds and thus ensuring adequate proactive planning for short-term liquidity and long-term solvency.
- Assess, monitor, plan and manage working capital & cash flow for UFL Group to ensure liquidity for the business to meet her short-, medium- & Long-term obligations.
- Monitor the transfer of funds from various remittance accounts into UFL Group (SWAN account inclusive) main operation accounts and allocate available funds to areas of the company’s need.
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Ensure profitable short/medium term investment of surplus funds at minimum risk and with the objective of easy divestment, while at the same time identifying borrowing opportunities in the financial market that are cost effective.
- Assess investment performance benchmark and recommend changes to investment policies based on market conditions.
- Monitor and ensure verification and accuracy of all bank charges, income from investments and ensure that golden circle limits set for each bank is observed.
- Manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes for finance income, investments and periodic IFRS 9 impairments.
Banking Relationship Management:
- Constant engagement with executives of financial institutions and monitor the performance of Banks. Also, monitors the company’s exposure to each bank and ensure that the company’s fund and facilities are not put at risk.
- Maintain close contact with the forex and money markets to keep abreast of trends and developments regarding the interplay of interest rates, forex rates and purchases/utilization.
Trade services / forex transaction management:
- Monitor import documentation process to ensure that target lead times are achieved and ensures duty cheques and other charges are paid promptly to minimize port clearance delays.
- Ensure minimal exposure to fluctuations in forex by type of foreign contracts and financing.
- Responsible for compliance with CBN’s exchange control guideline on documentation of Form M and A, LC and Bill of Entry and direct remittances.
- Prepare regular reports on UFL cash synopsis, investments and bank exposure for Board meetings and Investment Committee.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecast and Treasury report for UFL and UACN Plc.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in Treasury Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting / Finance or any other related course with a professional certification- ACA, ACCA or ACIB.
Application Closing Date: 17th November, 2022.
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.