Our client, a highly reputable consulting firm committed to the highest level of professional standards, is recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Head, Risk Practice’s responsibilities include assisting clients in developing and maintaining best-practice risk management architectural, governance, cultural, and compliance frameworks.
- The position reports directly to the Chief Executive.
- Assist clients to create frameworks for identifying potential risks that may affect their companies’ performance and proffer techniques to mitigate risks.
- Offer various risk management consulting services to diverse clients across various sectors (Power, Financial Services, Telecommunications, Energy, Oil & Gas, Public sector) etc.
- Convey best-practice advisory offerings to clients to advance their risk management programs.
- Partner with relevant market experts to forecast future market conditions regarding client portfolios and plan appropriate risk management solutions.
- Assist clients in developing their Strategic Plans.
- Support clients in their Strategic Plan Activation for firm wide buying.
- Supporting clients in ensuring successful Execution of their Strategic Plans.
- Provide strategic leadership to the team to support and enable the organization in achieving its vision and mission.
- Create staffing plans for short term, mid-term and long-term risk projects.
- Drive thought leadership that engenders research and development around evolving issues and solutions affecting risk management.
- Manage a team responsible for designing risk management frameworks, standards and best practices guidelines.
- Manage project teams of consultants and analysts.
- Generate Risk Advisory mandates across diverse sectors, including but not limited to Power, Telecommunications, Energy, Governments, Financial Services, etc.
- Contribute immeasurably to the business development process, including through the identification of new leads.
- Develop and sustain high-level business relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with relevant professional and private networks.
- Track global industry benchmarks, and constantly scan industry opportunities and threats.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head, Advisory.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in any Business or Science-related discipline.
- Professional Qualification (ACCA OR ACA OR CFA) is mandatory.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience at a senior leadership level.
- A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on risk management experience in the risk function of a Fortune 500 company.
- Risk Management Certification is required.
- Other relevant certifications and membership of professional associations will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of credit risk management.
- Must have implemented a minimum of ten (10) Risk Management consulting projects from start to end.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Team-building skills and an ability to coach team members.
- Excellent and proven business development skills.
- Proven success in business development across sectors such as Energy, Power, Telecommunications and Financial services.
- Solid knowledge and a good grasp of socio-economic and development issues across the globe.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High level of initiative and creativity.
- High energy levels and determination to achieve set objectives & goals.
- Ability to network and build partnerships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Competence in using standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); SAP knowledge is desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethics with a high degree of passion and commitment.
Application Closing Date: 7th December, 2022.
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.