Applications are hereby invited from suitably and qualified candidates for appointment into various academic positions in the Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State.
The positions to be filled includes
- Professors (Prof.) CONUASS 07
- Readers/ Deputy University Librarian CONUASS 06
- Senior Lecturers/ Senior Librarian (S/Lect.) CONUASS 05
- Lecturer I/ Librarian I (Lect. I) CONUASS 04
- Lecturer II /Librarian II (Lect. II) CONUASS 03
- Assistant Lecturers (Asst. Lect.) CONUASS 02
- Graduate Assistant (G/Asst.) CONUASS 01.
Applicants for positions in the academic library cadre must have degree(s) in Library and Information Service and be certified by LRCN).
- Applicant must be a holder of a First Class Bachelor Degree from a recognized institution.
- Those with Second Class (Upper Division) can also apply.
- NYSC/ Exemption Certificate.
Assistant Lecturer /Assistant Librarian:
- To be Assistant Lecturer or Assistant Librarian applicant must be a holder of a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject from any recognized institution.
- However, Holders of B.Sc. Accountancy with at least second class upper plus ACA/ACCA or such recognized professional qualification (for accountancy candidates only) are appointable as an Assistant Lecturer.
- Similarly, holders of Bachelor Agriculture (B. Agric), Bachelor of Forestry & Wildlife Management, Bachelor of Fisheries and Aquaculture with at least Second Class Upper Division and NYSC /Legal exemption Certificate.
Lecturer II/ Librarian II:
- Holders of Ph.D. or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Federal University, Gashua in the relevant field.
- Master’s Degree holders with at least 2 journal articles and must have spent three years as an Assistant Lecturer.
Lecturer I/ Librarian I:
- A Ph.D. holder, who has been a Lecturer II /Librarian II for two years and has a sufficient number of admissible publications, totaling a minimum of 5 journal articles and 2 edited proceedings.
- A holder of a Master’s Degree who has been a Lecturer II /Librarian II with three (3) years university teaching experience and has sufficient number of admissible publications totaling at least 5 journal articles and 3 edited proceedings.
Senior Lecturer /Senior Librarian:
- Ph.D. holder (or equivalent), who has a minimum of five years teaching experience or as a Librarian at the University level; plusThree years as a Lecturer I /Librarian I in a University.
- A sufficient number of scholarly publications, totaling at least 6 journal articles and 5 edited proceedings; plus 3 (iv) A strong evidence of potential for continuous research activity and academic leadership.
Reader/Deputy University Librarian;
Candidate for the position of Reader /Deputy University Librarian must be a reader currently and is expected to possess the following qualifications:
- A Ph.D. holder or its equivalent with a minimum of eight years teaching experience or library experience at the University level;
- A minimum of three years as a Senior Lecturer/ Senior Librarian in a University;
- Considerable background of research with a sufficient number of admissible publications, totaling at least 12 journal articles and 8 edited conference proceedings;
- Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D. level, where the programme is available;
- Dissemination of knowledge through professional and academic activities;
- General academic leadership and the ability to guide others;
- Some administrative experience;
(viii) Impeccable integrity;
(ix) Favorable External Assessment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All prospective applicants are advised to note the outlined guidelines below:
- Interested and qualified candidates should visit the University career portal at www.fugashua.edu.ng and apply.
- Applicant can also submit hard copies.
- Applicants who apply online need not apply in hard copies again.
- For applicants who decide to submit in hard copies, they are required to attach three sets of the photocopies of their credentials and fifteen (15) typewritten copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae, giving the following information in the order listed below:
- Full name in capital letters
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Age
- Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic qualifications with dates (attach photocopies of certificates)
- Professional Qualifications with dates (attach photocopies of certificates)
- General and Specific Working Experience, giving duration, posts held and salary
- Details of research work and publications (attach evidence)
- Details of Administrative Experience and Service to the Community, with details of status and dates
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricular activities
- Any other relevant information not covered in (i)-(xvii) above
- Names of Addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom must be your current or immediate past employer) who should send their reports directly under confidential cover.
For hardcopies, the applicant should indicate the post applied for on the envelop for thus, “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF …” and addressed to:
- The Registrar,
- Federal University, Gashua,
- P.M.B. 1005,
- Gashua, Yobe State.
Applicants are strongly advised to note the qualifications and cognate experience required (available online) for the post they intend to apply into so as to make sure that they are qualified.
25th June, 2017