Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health/family planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, primary health care system strengthening and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Global Fund among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
- Job Title: Adherence Counsellor
- Job Location: Imo, Oyo and Kano State
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Category: NGO Jobs
- The successful candidate will provide psychosocial and continuous support as well as treatment preparation to clients in the health facility.
- S/He will identify and address challenges/barriers to adherence.
- Organize and facilitate support group sessions for infected and affected clients including groups with special needs e.g. discordant couples, youth/adolescent and children.
- S/He will address aspects of behavior change in relation to HIV and ART and support clients to disclose their HIV status.
- S/He will facilitate the delivery of relevant information to clients enrolled in the one-stop shop (OSS)
- S/He will participate in home visits as appropriate to execute plan of care for clients.
- S/He will ensure client records are well maintained and compile periodic reports as necessary
- S/He will ensure proper referral of patients where necessary including following up and reporting on the outcomes as necessary.
- S/He will coordinate patient tracking activities supported by the community health volunteers including documentation and reporting of defaulter tracing activities.
- Must possess relevant degree in Counseling, Social Work or Nursing.
- Must have 2 years’ cognate experience, 1 year of which should be as an Adherence Counselor in HIV service delivery.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- Applicants should forward a one-page application letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to:
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements. All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.