In 2001, MTN Nigeria was one of the first telecom operators to receive a GSM licence from the Federal Government of Nigeria. Since then, we have led the growth in the voice market and today, we offer an integrated suite of communications products/services, including mobile voice and data, digital and mobile financial services as well as enterprise services to SMEs, public sector and corporate clients.
- Job Title: Advisor, State & Local Government Affairs
- Job Location: Ibadan-Oyo, Enugu, Port-Harcourt-Rivers, Asaba-Delta, Kano & Jos-Plateaus, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Telecommunication Jobs
Core purpose of the Job
- Provide advisory service with regards to government related issues at the federal and state levels and maintain a strong relationship between these relevant institutions, with a view to ensuring long term viability of the business.
- Carry out research and reviews of relevant telecoms issues that have impact on the telecoms industry and MTNN.
- Prepare correspondence and position papers on government related issues.
- Track and monitor events in the government sector, especially as they relate to the telecoms business.
- Provide weekly intelligence reports and feedback on emerging issues in Federal and State Government circles as it relates to Telecommunications.
- Provide informed opinion on all issues relating to MTNN from a government relations perspective, including new legislatures, government policies, etc.
- Initiate regular meetings and provide advisory support to key government stakeholders
- Manage corporate relationships with stakeholder groups including external parties (the Media, Government Agencies, Corporate Organisations, Vendors, etc.) and internal clients and general employee groups.
- Develop and maintain relationship with key government stakeholders.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Standard Working Condition
Experience & Training
- First degree in any relevant discipline.
- Fluent in English.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others.
- Experience working in a medium organization.
- Experience in roles directly related to high level interactions in government and politics
- On the job training and exposure.
- Industry conferences
- BA, BEd, BSc, HND or BTech
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- All applications should be completed on or before the 18th January, 2018.
- Multiple application is not allowed.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.