The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- Job Title: Application Developer
- Location: Lagos State Jobs, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Admin and Finance Jobs, Federal Government Jobs
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange continues to evolve to meet the needs of its valued customers, and to achieve the highest level of competitiveness.
- It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Application Developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the NSE.
- The role sits within the Trading Business division and under the Market Services Department specifically.
- The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications (in C# 3.0 and above) that also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (additional experience with Oracle is highly desirable).
- The incumbent needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- S/he must recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2008/2012)
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc.) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models
- Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and above preferred
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Foundation Server)
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.), Computer Science or similar
- Minimum 5 years of application and web application development experience (using the .Net Framework 3.0 and above). Other fields of study are acceptable when combined with strong background or work experience within the financial sector.
- Analytical Thinking
- Concept Development and Execution Management
- Database Administration
- Enterprise Architecture
- Information Management
- Network Planning and Design
- Software Engineering and Development
- System Analysis and Design
- Attention to Detail
- Change Management
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Problem Solving
- Result Oriented
- Time Management
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- All applications must be completed and submitted on or before the 17th of November, 2017.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Work commences on the 1st of January, 2018.