The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI), is the Nigerian subset of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI), a global initiative that promotes transparency and accountability in the management of revenues from the oil, gas, and mining sectors. To deepen its operational capacity, NEITI seeks to recruit qualified candidates for the approved position below:
- Job Title: Assistant Director, Policy & Strategy
- Job Location: Any City in Nigeria
- Job Type: Full Time Jobs
- Job category: Government Jobs
- The preferred candidate shall oversee NEITI’s nascent policy and strategy work-stream.
- S/he needs to generate, stimulate and implement innovative ideas that will result in evidence-led policy prescriptions, policy consensus, and policy actions on key governance issues in the management of extractive resources in Nigeria.
- The candidate must have verifiable policy, research, writing and advocacy backgrounds, measurable capacity to supervise teams working on multiple and complex projects, and demonstrable flair for partnership, strategic thinking and resource mobilisation.
The candidate must have:
- At least a master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Development Studies, Political Science, or related disciplines;
- A minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience, five of which must be in senior position(s) in public policy and strategy related work;
- Demonstrable analytical skills and verifiable experience in quantitative and qualitative research;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with samples of published or unpublished papers attached;
- Advance computer skills with demonstrable proficiency in research and analytical tools such as Excel, SPSS, STATA, RATS, EVIEW etc.
- A very good understanding of NEITI’s mandate and the policy issues in Nigeria’s extractive sector;
- Proven track record in managing complex projects, people and partnerships with good results;
- Excellent organisational, leadership and team-building skills;
- High integrity, probity and professional discretion.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All candidates should send their Applications, Resumes, and work samples (where relevant) indicating clearly how they meet the requirements to: [email protected]
- Only applications submitted electronically will be considered.
- Also, only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be shortlisted for interviews