BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to day-to-day operations of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Ensure compliance with the policies, accounting procedures and financial reporting standards (IFRS) of daily operations.
- Maintain calendar and tracker for all statutory obligations and ensure reporting deadlines are met and all local statutory filings are completed.
- Coordinate and meet the requirements of internal and external audits.
- Help Financial Manager with Bi-annual and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Ensure the delivery of financial statements to public institutions to ensure the facilities of lines of credit, as well as the facilities and benefits that entails.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Perfomance Indicators:
- Proactive employee management ensuring sufficiently motivated and engaged team
- Maintenance of the accounts receivable outstanding days within Group policy guidelines.
- Financial statements are signed no later than 3 months after completion of the external audit, tax returns filed timeously.
- Respect of MENAWACA and MEA HQ deadlines for the month end close process.
- Month-ends are completed by no later than 1 business day prior to when the P&L is due.
- Effective and efficient resolution of queries.
- Timely completion of external audit.
- Objectives are joint with the wider team
- Internal support to various functions
- Responsibilities will be both regular and some will be more project-based or ad hoc.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional certification such as ICAN/ACCA/CPA is required
- M.Sc / MBA is an added advantage
- 7 plus years prior work-related experience within Finance Department in a profit-driven organization
- FMCG / Audit or similar industry experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent fundamental accounting skills
- Computer Literacy – Experience in Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel Advanced a must, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Prior experience in ERP SAGE or comparable accounting experience is advantageous.
- Experience in JD Edwards and Hyperion Financial Management a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and perform well in a team environment.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business requirements and learn new systems / methods as required.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online