EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our collaborative culture supports the personal and professional success of each individual. Learn more about who we are, what we do and how to achieve your potential by visiting: http://www.ey.com/about
- Job title: AVP Business Development
- Job Location: Lagos State Nigeria
- Job type: Full Time Jobs
- Job Category: Sales and marketing
The AVP Business Development’s primary role is to drive growth for new clients, the Business Development team and the Firm.
Focusing on Accounts, the AVP conducts rigorous account planning/hunting & account management and works to drive relationships across the client’s organization. This includes leveraging the Firm’s key campaigns/big bets and cross-functional services for new business opportunities within the account. The AVP is accountable for revenue results. The ideal candidate should have a successful track record for hunting and developing relationships at the “C” suite and cultivate excellent relationships with new prospects and existing customers. Should also have a good understanding of the entire tendering process.
Other areas of specialties would include:
Sales/ Business Development Strategy
Go-to-market strategy, Client/Market categorization as per Product & Service offering (for individuals/HNIs & businesses), Pre-sales, Sales operations management
Strategy Execution road map, Budget allocation, Portfolio planning and management
Strong Business Acumen
Focus on Direct & Strategic Sales management
Consumer & Market Insight
Strong grasp on market, tracking domestic/global trends affecting economy & business environment
People-first orientation, focus on people development & look for every opportunity to continue to develop yourself while also actively contribute to mentoring the team
Ability to Motivate
Strong work ethics, approachable, trusted & practical
- Responsible for business development/pursuit process and will be a lead in formulating and executing the account strategy/strategies.
- Create client specific solutions to meet specific business needs by integrating cross Market Segments/Service Line (Audit, Tax, Transaction and Advisory) solution offering of EY.
- Work with the Service Line Pursuit Groups to oversee the development of proposals and direct the account coordinators on their assigned accounts
- Works with the Global Client Service Partner and participate throughout the Client and Engagement life cycle.
- Conduct the following client facing activities:
- Initiate, build and sustain client relationships
- Negotiate and participate in pricing strategy
- Resolve concerns and ensure client satisfaction
- Oversee delivery and continued relationships with clients.
- Drive projects with clients while managing the budget, timelines and quality of end deliverables.
- Anticipate clients’ needs well beyond current engagements, adding value to the clients’ long term business. Conduct issue based sales.
- Provide clients with advice on effective cost management, and rationalize application portfolios. Act as a critical sounding board for clients on making investment decisions
- Manage and collaborate with the internal partners and the business heads to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Build strong global and cross border relationships. Identify opportunities and encourage sector teams to understand and achieve business goals.
- Leadership experience in managing, monitoring and motivating sales teams. Build high performance teams.
- Solid understanding of the marketplace/industry, and of competitive and account information
- Ability to team with and influence technical partners, to formulate the best strategy to serve the client. Skillful at using influencing and communication skills, to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients
- Proficient at establishing procedures to monitor business development progress, and addressing any gaps. Familiarity with trends and issues that create opportunities to add value to the client’s business
- Demonstrated focus on clients and their needs. Ability to build and sustain productive client relationships, and deliver quality service and high satisfaction
- Ability to create a good first impression, command attention and respect, with an air of confidence. Comfortable at dealing with clients and colleagues at the highest levels. Confident at handling disappointment and/or rejection, while maintaining effectiveness
- Comfortable working within a matrix organization, balancing the needs of the client against those of EY. Confident at working independently, and managing multiple priorities concurrently
- Competent at identifying appropriate product/service offerings to meet t the client’s needs
- A minimum of 12+ years of business development experience in the professional services and/or solutions arena
- A proven record of selling complex services and solutions at the “C” level of Blue-chip companies and success in a solutions-oriented, professional services environment. Team selling experience
- Good Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All applications must be filled and submitted online.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further correspondence