- Join as a Business Development Manager for Nigerian Market. Oracle is leading the digital revolution. We are empowering nearly half a million businesses across the globe to turn untapped potential into real business value. Kick-start your career with some real responsibility and an incredible learning experience.
- You will act as a demand generation and need creation Business Development Manager, using your strong communication skills, relationships and social media savvy to generate demand for Oracle solutions.
- You will engage potential customers to proactively match our solutions to their business challenges. This role is critical to building new business opportunities to fuel our growth in our Mid-Market and Enterprise segments.
- We are 100% focused on best in class customer experience.
- We are looking for high-energy, driven professionals with intuition for business, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts. The successful candidate will contribute to our business growth in a fast paced, collaborative and fun atmosphere, as a valued member of Oracle.
- Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs “go-to-market” plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
- A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence.
- Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product*s sales opportunities. Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners.
- Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle’s sales of product.
- Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection.
- Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle’s products to leverage large revenue opportunities.
- Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
- Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role
- Achieve a high level of collaboration with Marketing and Sales teams by developing and delivering against the joint account development strategy.
- Identify new business opportunities for Oracle’s product offering through prospecting into new and existing accounts.
- Analyze customer needs in terms of current business obstacles.
- Engage with the decision making units of client organisations and proactively present Oracle solutions relevant to their business challenges.
- Design and create account development plans.
- Manage customer relations and ensure customer satisfaction, repeat business and referral opportunities.
- Create a sales pipeline meeting an agreed quota of business opportunities. Opportunity creation should consistently meet or exceed target.
Required Skills / Experience
The Business Development Manager will be an integral member of the Technology License Sales Team in Nigeria and the ideal candidate will have:
- A sharp focus on goals and a clear approach for achieving them.
- Strong organisational and relationship management skills.
- A strong team player attitude; this role requires individuals to work within different teama, as well as with key stakeholders.
- Leverage a competitive spirit and collaborative mind-set to get things done in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A passion for driving measurable results.
- Strong business acumen.
- Motivation and ambition to succeed
- Collaborative work style with the ability to thrive in a demanding work environment.
- BA / B.Sc degree or equivalent.
- 5 – 7 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management preferred.
- Marketing and business development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude for solving business problems using technology and applications.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with multiple colleagues in a team selling environment. Business and account planning implementation experience.
- Conversant in Oracle technology and product strategies. Strong executive selling skills as well as a demonstrated success in establishing and developing client relationships.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
- Ability to travel.
Top 5 reasons to join Oracle:
- Great culture and work life balance
- World-class learning & development
- State of the art facilities
- Global career progression opportunities
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).