We are a Capital Market Conglomerate regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) with up to date market information to grow wealth in good time, and in an atmosphere of transparency. We expertly offer Wealth Management Services, Stockbroking Services, Registrar Services, Trustees Services and Corporate Financing. Our professional advisory services are always based on carefully considered research and delivered with objective integrity from a crop of professionals that remain the best hands within the financial services industry.
- Job Title: Compliance And Legal Officer
- Job Location: Nigeria
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Category: Customer Services
The role of the compliance and legal officer will be to provide compliance and legal services of the highest professional standards and facilitate the transactions of Meristem by giving proactive, business oriented and creative advice. Manage legal risk in order to make transactions viable and safe.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Enforce implementation of company’s duties as Administrator of CBN-NEMSF in line with its Administration Agreement and Mandate.
- Provision of prompt legal advice as required on the Company’s legal/corporate structure, business and operations and transactions.
- Preparation, review, vetting and negotiation of the Company’s agreements with third parties and other contract documentation to ensure protection of company’s interest and due compliance and conformity with all aspects of applicable Laws.
- Company secretarial work and Governance overview for the company
- Interpretation of CBN-NEMSF agreements and interface with Legal Advisers.
- Ensuring all NESI SS Ltd departments and stakeholders are delivering on assigned tasks.
- Flag any shortcoming noticed in the delivery of duties.
- Follow-up with discos to ensure they meet up with their reporting obligations
- Legal documentation including Conditions Precedents and subsequent (CP and CS) of beneficiaries.
- Provide report on status of beneficiaries CS after the CS due dates.
- Monitor organization-wide compliance with internal operational procedures.
- Enforce compliance with risk management framework for the CBN-NEMSF to ensure acceptable risk and adequate mitigants are in place.
- Maintain an up-to-date risk register and continuously review/ address the risks facing the SPV in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanisms/ frameworks
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk positions and provide advice on possible resolution of critical issues.
- Keep abreast of trends/ development taking place in the capital market and power sectors.
1-2 years relevant experience in reputable law firm with bias for energy law.
University degree in Law
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Quick learner, comfortable dealing with ambiguous and fluid situations.
- Ability to multi-task; juggle multiple deliverables and perform under very demanding conditions.
- Independent, excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- High level of passion, integrity, creativity, inquisitiveness and self –confidence
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All applications must be filled and submitted online
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further correspondence