PwC has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners. We are committed to serving as a force for integrity, good sense and wise solutions to the problems facing businesses and the capital markets. We are guided by one promise – to do what is right, be it with our people, clients, community, or environment.
Our client provides financing solution to Nigeria’s housing challenges through an innovative private sector-driven solution. The organization channels funds from the private sector, pension / insurance organisations, multilateral agencies, and impact investors towards financing affordable housing developments and mortgages.
- Job Title: Corporate Governance-Senior Associate
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: Admin and Human Resource
- Demonstrate leadership potential by coordinating project teams and testing their work for quality in line with PwC standards.
- Serve as team lead on corporate governance projects such as Board and Individual Directors’ Assessments; corporate governance audits/reviews; corporate governance due diligence; development of corporate governance training materials, and induction packs, etc.
- Work with various PwC teams to conduct business diagnostics, providing recommendations for improvement of clients’ company-wide policies/processes and implementing such initiatives.
- Support effectiveness reviews of corporate governance and compliance systems, and benchmarking against applicable regulatory standards and international leading practices.
- Support with developing and implementing robust corporate governance structures, frameworks and policies in organisations.
- Conducting research and support with development of training materials for internal and external corporate governance trainings.
- Support the development of business ethics and regulatory compliance management frameworks and policies.
- Contribute to the review, and analysis of new and evolving regulations, and their potential impact/ implications for entity governance in various respective sectors.
- Support the development of thought leadership in corporate governance for companies across various industries.
- Provide coaching to junior staff or less experienced team members to develop technical competence and administrative skills.
- Report project progress and obstacles to engagement manager/leader.
- Support in identifying new opportunities for service delivery.
Experience & Requirements
- Minimum of first Degree in any discipline is required (Qualifications in law will be an added advantage).
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Corporate Governance.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and senior clients.
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, delivering results and meeting client expectations.
- Strong IT Skills and technical depth.
- Project management skills – ability to manage across multiple and complex projects.
- Ability to multi-task simultaneous client engagements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (presentation & facilitation)
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All application should be filled and submitted on or before the 20th of October 2017
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for further correspondence