Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited is committed to the provision of services of Technical Inspection, Expediting, Quality Assurance and Control, Training, Procurement and Outsourcing of Technical Personnel in line with global best practices in order to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Job Title: Deepwater Asset Subsea Engineer (Subsea Systems Engineer I)
- Location: Nigeria Jobs
- Job Type: Renewable Contract Jobs
- Job Category: Engineering Jobs
Job Descriptions and Requirements
The role of the Subsea Engineer covers the following principal areas:
- Surveillance and flow assurance reporting for subsea facilities;
- Technical support for operations and maintenance of subsea trees, jumpers and manifolds and associated control systems;
- Integrity management (define & support inspections, surveys etc) of subsea facilities to assure safe and reliable operations in compliance with industry practice;
- Management of subsea equipment and operating spares;
- Oversight of operational execution activities for subsea interventions, well installations, hook-up, tie-ins and commissioning including marine/Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) requirements and deployment, as well as inspection, maintenance and repair activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as point contact for the DW FPSOs for all subsea issues, including attendance at daily morning calls.
- Troubleshooting subsea flow assurance issues as and when they arise.
- Troubleshooting subsea control system and other equipment issues as and when they arise.
- Conduct proactive surveillance of subsea equipment from data interrogated from surveillance tools and present insights on performance in addition to identifying opportunities to enhance existing operations.
- Develop and implement subsea inspection and survey activities of subsea equipment i.e. flowlines, jumpers etc to ensure that the subsea equipment are safe for operations
- Analyze inspection results and conduct fitness for service assessment to ensure integrity of the subsea equipment. Ensure recommendations for remedial actions are technically sound and cost effective. Ensure that all recommendations are followed through to completion.
- Perform failure analyses and able to lead or participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis as required
- Technical supervision of preparation, execution and post-completion reporting for subsea construction and inspection, maintenance & repair (IMR) activities.
- Support maintenance of subsea equipment and spares inventory and subsea tooling.
- Provide oversight to Subsea Contractors, Vendors and suppliers.
- Oversee onshore repair of failed key equipment withdrawn from service
- Evaluate changes proposed by operations team and perform associated Management of Change to manage any associated risk appropriately.
- Work independently on a wide range of facilities issues, including ability to research relevant technology and previous experience of others and apply these to problem solving
- Ensures timely recognition, screening and communication of SHE risk and Reliability threats associated with subsea equipment integrity. Able to lead or participate in risk assessments as required.
- In addition to technical ability, the individual should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable of basic subsea system architecture, fundamental different types of subsea hardware and functionality including Trees, Manifolds, Jumpers, Connectors, valves, trees, chokes, instruments, manifolds, jumpers, umbilicals, downhole components, Insulation Systems etc.
- Knowledgeable of the fundamental different types of subsea controls hardware and software functionality including EPU (comms on power, power and comms), Master Control Station (MCS) (PC, PLC), Topsides Umbilical Termination Assembly (TUTA), Subsea Control Module (SCM), Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU) (direct hydraulic, E-H MUX), umbilicals, flying leads, instrumentation etc. and basic requirements
- Familiar with operation of typical subsea system including general layout and process flow, chemical distribution, and control philosophy including safety systems.
- Familiar with subsea ROV and diving intervention operations for common failures
- Familiar with subsea system terminology, applicable industry and company codes and standards.
- Understands the basic subsea equipment installation sequences including functions of running tools, landing string components and Intervention Work over Control System (IWOC’s)
- Familiar with general marine wellhead systems, casing programs and completion designs
- General knowledge of flow assurance considerations in subsea systems e.g. hydrates, wax, inorganic scale, etc.
- Closely related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Broad knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to use appropriate engineering software.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
- Minimum of 5 years related experience is required
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All Applications must be filled and submitted online
- only qualified candidates will be contacted for further correspondence