About Google Nigeria
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
- As a Developer Ecosystem Communities Lead, you will coordinate and manage scalable developer outreach and support programs, including the Google Developer Groups (GDG), Google Developer Student Clubs (GDSC), and Women Techmakers (WTM) programs, across the Sub-Saharan Africa region. This would include responsibility for Google events, as well as having responsibility for content.
- You will meet with local region developers and companies, promoting Google technologies and programs. You will also track both the apps and developers from your region, and look at how Google can better spotlight both them and their apps. You will find creative ways to increase impact by working closely with technology hubs.
- Coordinate and manage scalable developer outreach and support programs, including the Google Developer Groups (GDG), Google Developer Student Clubs (GDSC), and Women Techmakers (WTM) programs, across the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Meet with local region developers and companies, promoting Google technologies and programs.
- Track apps and developers from your region, and plan how Google can better spotlight them and their apps.
- Experience in project/program management.
- Experience with team management, working with cross-functional teams, and leading operational initiatives.
- Experience in designing and implementing community driven programs/initiatives.
- Experience of speaking publicly and/or representing your organization successfully to external audiences.
- Experience in a developer-facing role.
- Experience with Google’s developer product offering.
- Ability to speak and write in French fluently.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online