Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
- Job Title: Driver/Administrative Assistant
- Location: Zamfara State, Nigeria
- Job Type: 24 month fixed term contract
- Job Category: NGO, Health
- Sightsavers has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Driver/Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Nigeria office.
- You will be required to drive staff in the office as well as visiting Sightsavers staff and consultants when necessary and to ensure the maintenance and safety of all office vehicles at all times and to perform clerical duties in support of the efficient running of the office
- The role also provides day-to-day administrative support including transacting business with the banks on foreign currencies, liaise with officials of immigration and embassies for staff entry visas and renewal of passports and work permits, assisting in picking up invoices for procuring logistics and payment of statutory obligations, assisting with organisation of various office events, undertaking photocopying, scanning and filling, monitoring electricity/generators usage arid other admin duties.
- The ideal candidate will have a Basic Education Certificate (BECE) BEPC, Trade Test certificate
- 3-5 years driving experience and experience with working with NGOs
- The ideal candidate should have good command of spoken English/French (as appropriate)
- Candidates with an understanding of equality of opportunity for disabled people would be of particular interest.
- Local Terms & Conditions apply
Method of Application
To apply for the above position, please follow the instructions below:
- Interested and qualified candidates should first, download and fill the Application form and Equal Opportunities form as two separate documents.
- Ensure to fill the above documents completely and submit to the email in the application link below.
- We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview, shortly after the closing dates.
- We very much regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. I am sure that you will understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
- Please attach Application and Equal Opportunities form only. No CV’s accepted
- We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply.
- Please not also that we do not request money from applicants at any stage of our recruitment process.