ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992 as an Oil and Gas servicing company with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation, the company has grown in leaps and bounds, expanding its business horizon, but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering – Environmental Engineer II
Employment Type: Contract
- Environmental Engineers plan, design and supervise a variety of industrial activities and processes in oil and gas to prevent, control or remediate potential environmental impacts.
- They can specialize in a specific area such as air, water or waste management.
- Environmental auditing, testing and regulatory compliance/reporting are key activities in this role. Work may include water and waste treatment, site investigation and remediation where environmental site assessments are completed, and pollution control.
- They participate in or lead regulatory processes, such as environmental impact assessments, that review facilities or field operations to ensure compliance with government regulations and permitting conditions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, Level 2:
- Recommend procedures to clean up sites that have been contaminated with harmful materials.
- Advise of steps necessary to clean up sites and design cost-effective procedures for site remediation.
- Interact with a broad set of internal and external stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar discipline and/or previous experience in a closely related position
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within particular field.
- Exercises strong initiative and creativity within a supported area
- Experience in pollution modelling including – dispersion (air or water), dredge plume modelling, oil spills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Comments for suppliers:
- Ensuring regulatory compliance to applicable regulations and management of environmental performance in Upstream Nigeria assets
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.