Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited is committed to the provision of services of Technical Inspection, Expediting, Quality Assurance and Control, Training, Procurement and Outsourcing of Technical Personnel in line with global best practices in order to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Job Title: Firefighter
- Location: Nigeria Jobs
- Job Type: Renewable Contract Jobs
- Job Category: Engineering Jobs
Job Descriptions and Requirements
- Protects personnel during emergencies by extinguishing fires, executing rescues, mitigating chemical spills.
- Prevents fire damage by conducting surveys and inspections for hazards; enforcing codes.
- Prepares personnel to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs.
- Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants; requesting and expediting repairs; verifying repair.
- Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms; driving and operating equipment; regulating water pressure; combating and extinguishing fires; rescuing and reviving personnel.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Management, inspection and maintenance of SHE Critical Equipment (fire response, oil spill response, portable gas detection, life boats, life rafts, life vests etc).
- Assists AOC with self-assessment of Emergency Preparedness and Response and OIMS system compliance (Systems 6-2 and 10-2). Completes Site Verification Checklists and OIMS Gap Assessments, where required.
- Ensure compliance with OIMS System 10-2 Emergency Response Preparedness; System 6-2 FIMS (Specifically FIMS Programs 13 (Fire Fighting), 14 (Oil Spill Response) and 15 (Safety Equipment) and also assist with aspects of OIMS System 5-3 (Security) relating to lock down drills and Emergency Response Team (ERT) response.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Emergency first responder.
- 2 years’ experience as Emergency Response Leader
- Experience on major oil, gas, power or similar related environments; preferably with experience of offshore operations
- Higher national diploma or certificate (HND/HNC (A levels +3 years study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent
- Excellent written and spoken English skills mandatory
- Motivator and strong leader
- Good understanding of Operation Integrity Management System (OIMS) and other Management Systems
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training or BOSIET – 3 yearly
- Certified Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aider – 3 yearly
- Offshore medical certification – 3 yearly
- TB, Audiometry and Quantitative respiratory fit test for Draeger Xplore 6750 Full Face Mask – all tests are annual
- Certified for Freefall life capsule coxswain (OPITO Approved) – refresher every
- Certified for Fire Extinguisher Inspection, Maintenance and Servicing
- Certified in use, maintenance and repair of portable gas detection equipment
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All Applications must be filled and submitted online
- only qualified candidates will be contacted for further correspondence