Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Geoscience function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the the position below:
- Job Title: Formation Evaluation Specialist
- Job Location: Lagos State Nigeria
- Job Type: Full Time Jobs
- Job Category: Oil and Gas Jobs
Job Role Summary
- The early capability FE specialist, like all geoscientists, is expected to develop a broad range of fundamental geoscience skills and the ability to comprehend and integrate knowledge, ideas and skills to solve geologic problems across exploration, development, production and research functions. Assignments will provide the opportunity to acquire these fundamental skills through on-the-job experience and training.
- Work quality and quantity, demonstrating leadership and mentoring are performance dimensions that are expected to expand in scope and breadth through time. The specialist brings an analytical background, usually in geoscience or engineering, and may or may not have had experience with well logging measurement technology or the creation and application of petrophysical models.
- The focus will be to build depth in the three sub-disciplines of formation evaluation, including Advanced Petrophysical Analysis, Log and Tool Responses and Modeling, and Cased Hole Analysis. An understanding of reservoir engineering concepts will also be gained.
- The early capability FE specialist will be able to contribute independently in their role as well as mentor those less experienced and those in other disciplines on the concepts of logging measurements, application of petrophysical interpretation models, and integration of the results into the comprehensive geologic and engineering characterization of the asset.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Petrophysical input to the resource evaluation for the asset be it E/D/P.
- Works with the team to ensure the input is aligned with the team’s objectives.
- Proper integration of the petrophysical results within the asset evaluation.
- Mentors the team members on the petrophysical input.
- Builds familiarity of the subsurface team roles and relevant input required.
- Input to regional and field studies leading to acreage acquisition or wildcat drilling.
- Input to mature field stewardship including workovers and infill drilling.
- Work contribution becomes increasingly independent.
- Application of fundamental knowledge & tool physics capability to the research project
- Involvement in creating tools/workflows for interpretation of FE data by specialists in E/D/P
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics) and a Bachelors degree with a minimum of second class upper in Geology, Geophysics or Physics
- A maximum of three (3) continuous years of relevant industry experience
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
Method of Application
Complete the Application Process:
- Log onto http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Type in Nigeria in the “Search by location” field
- Click the ‘Search openings” button lobe taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click on the Job the (Formation Evaluation Specialist or Operations Geology Specialist) to view full details on the job
- Click the ‘Apply now” drop down and select ‘Apply Now’ option
- Sign in or click on “create an account’
- To create an account:
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk * (please note your password for future use)
- Click on the “Read and accept the data privacy statement’ link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and click “Accept”
- Click ‘Next’ to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up:
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. resume)
- Click ‘Save’ to complete your application profile at a different time or “Submit’ to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address
- Click ‘View Profile’ if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under “Jobs Applied” section
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.