Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
- Job Title: GL Revenue Accounting Executive
- Location: Nigeria Jobs
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Telecommunication Jobs
Looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of GL Revenue Accounting Executive who would be responsible for:
- Ensure accuracy in recognition of Interconnect Revenue & Post-paid revenue reporting
- Ensure zero level of bad debt by reconciliation of partners’ account and liaising with respective partners for prompt payment
- Manage the relationship with both internal and external parties, Interconnect partners, Enterprise team and CSD team in order to ensure that collection of all outstanding receivables are received on the due dates at all times.
- Ensure timely reporting of all month-end reports
- Ensure annual financial statements are prepared in line with current international accounting standards
- Closure of 10-year plan to support AFS evaluation
- Ensure collation of all relevant audit data and ensure smooth running of audit exercises within Financial Reporting Directorate
- Daily monitoring of receivables collections from all Interconnect Partners and Postpaid Customers
- Bi-weekly intimation of receivable positions to relevant stakeholders.
- Enure proper hygiene controls on all GL lines
- Ensure reconciled GL positions
- Ensure that all schedules are reconciled to system balances
- Zero exposure to the business arising from non-payment by Interconnect Partners and Postpaid customers
- Decrease bad debt positions in Interconnect & Postpaid an all other Airtel’s receivables rising payment issues
- Accurate reporting of all revenue lines to ensure zero tolerance of exposure in terms of over/under reporting
- Accuracy level of 100%
- Timely reporting in line with SLAs
- Adherence to policy and procedures
Applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and professional qualification in Accounting.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in an FMCG or Telecoms industry
- Strong analytical skills and Microsoft excel proficiency
- Strong financial analysis and reporting skills
- Attention to detail and ability to translate financial data into usable business intelligence
- Good team player
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- All applications should be completed and submitted online.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence