About Ernst & Young (EY)
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
- In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world.
- You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions.
- Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
- As a Tax Staff, you will be a part of our Diversified Staff Group. Our Diversified Staff Group model is all about providing our people with the skills, information and knowledge to take on some of the biggest challenges in taxation.
- The vision of EY’s Diversified Staff Group (DSG) is to grow today’s tax professionals to be tomorrow’s leaders.
- You can expect a unique insight into our business, where you’ll build a network of relationships in an area that influences major business decisions every day.
- As the team continues to grow, so will you, and over time, you will become a well-rounded tax professional with broad experience in multiple areas of tax.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Your role as a Tax Staff will give you the opportunity to combine corporate tax work with structured and virtual learning.
- Our curriculum will build your career in tax; includes work experience in tax compliance, tax accrual reviews, tax provisions and tax planning.
- Our people work on key client issues in domestic corporate income taxation, with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client’s business objectives.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Either: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Either: Attained or close to qualifying for an accounting designation (CPA or equivalent) or Completed or enrolled in a Masters of Taxation program
- Exceptional PC proficiency including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ability to manage time spent against budget and work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of exceptional client service
- Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts.
- Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations. Thoroughly and accurately analyze information.
- Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client’s tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
- Preparing corporate tax returns
- Auditing tax provisions
- Share tax planning ideas with others.
- Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals.
- Assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans and assist in making quality decisions in complex areas.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A passionate interest in developing tax knowledge
- A desire to work in an environment with learning opportunities on a daily basis.
What We Look For
- We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
- We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world.
- If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online