About PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
- Embedding the Group Compliance anti-bribery and corruption programme across the business and maintaining a culture of compliance. Ensuring that, if required, we are able to demonstrate to a regulator that we have ‘adequate procedures’ in place to prevent bribery.
- Total familiarization with the PZ Cussons Code of Ethical Conduct and related policies/guidance and provision of advice to management and staff on effective use and implementation.
- Maintaining high visibility across the business unit and assisting the business in resolving ethical dilemmas which may arise.
- Recommending, and where necessary, implementing local procedures to manage specific compliance risks.
- Provision of risk based focused awareness/training to management and staff.
- Ensuring that new and existing suppliers are aware of our compliance requirements by involvement in appropriate Africa meetings or via a focused awareness programme.
- In conjunction with Supply Chain carry out periodic compliance audits of high risk third parties.
- Owner of the Africa Bribery and Corruption risk matrix and responsible for liaising with stakeholders to ensure that this is updated and agreed mitigation actions are delivered.
- Liaising closely with the Group Head of Ethics & Compliance to maintain good communication and ensure consistency of process across the Group.
- Developing an appropriate risk-based monitoring programme to provide internal assurance to the Managing Director: Africa and Group Head of Ethics & Compliance that policies and procedures are being complied with.
- Developing trust across the organisation to encourage the raising of concerns and promoting a culture of ‘speaking up’ to enable appropriate remedial actions to be taken.
- Assisting with or leading investigations following the Group investigation guidelines.
- Could take up sustainability role within 12-18 months’ timeline as additional responsibility once confidence has been demonstrated in Ethics and Compliance via reducing number of incidents / investigations. A broadened role into sustainability will offer a succession line to Corporate Affairs and Sustainability role in Africa in future.
Knowledge / Qualifications / Technical / Professional experience
- Self-starter with 7+ years of industry or consulting experience in ethics and compliance, risk mitigation, business process consulting in a multinational company.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline – A Legal degree will be advantageous
- Have excellent verbal and written fluency in English
- 7+ years’ relevant Legal Compliance experience in an FMGC industry is an added advantage.
- A good knowledge of anti-bribery legislation and requirements (e.g. UK Bribery Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Nigeria / Ghana / Kenyan anti-bribery legislation).
- Experience in developing and implementing compliance programmed.
- Experience of interfacing with senior management and handling sensitive/confidential issues to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Excellent interviewing and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong behavioral and interpersonal skills that enable compliance to be achieved without recourse to a policing culture.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online