Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority – NCAA Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority – NCAA Full Time Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority – NCAA Abia State, Adamawa State, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra State, Bauchi State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Borno State, Cross River State, Delta State, Ebonyi State, Edo State, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Federal Capital Territory - Abuja, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Lagos State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Nigeria, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, Oyo State, Plateau State, Rivers State, Sokoto State, Taraba State, Yobe State, Zamfara State Abia StateAdamawa StateAkwa Ibom StateAnambra StateBauchi StateBayelsa StateBenue StateBorno StateCross River StateDelta StateEbonyi StateEdo StateEkiti StateEnugu StateFederal Capital Territory - AbujaGombe StateImo StateJigawa StateKaduna StateKano StateKatsina StateKebbi StateKogi StateKwara StateLagos StateNasarawa StateNiger StateNigeriaOgun StateOndo StateOsun StateOyo StatePlateau StateRivers StateSokoto StateTaraba StateYobe StateZamfara State
Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development, to fill the vacant position below:
- Job Title: Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Job
- Job Category: Computer and Info. Tech Jobs
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the CFO, you will establish, manage, and lead the FP&A function.
- This position will play a key role in ensuring the best operational and financial decisions are made while maintaining a strong focus on strategic business planning support, cost management and optimization, historical performance analysis, and complex forecasting.
- Also, this person will manage the planning process, analyze data, and develop strategy for the company’s financial planning and analysis functions.
In particular you will:
- Oversee the financial planning and analysis organization and work with CFO , management team, both local team and central team, to provide value-added insight into the business.
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Prepare and maintain an efficient and effective process of evaluating, tracking and monitoring all strategic planning activity for the company with appropriate links to the annual budget and strategic plan.
- Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
- Supervise and manage the performance of a team of FP&A professionals.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics, identifying risks and opportunities related to the achievement of the company’s financial plans.
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting consolidation and closing process through analytical review and trend analysis.
- Develop and execute financial modelling tools to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, new projects and decision making.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- Professional Qualification like ACCA & ACA is an added advantage
- Possess the proven ability to lead, manage and develop a high performing team
- Have FMCG, retail experience
- Experience of FP&A within a matrix organisation (budgeting, forcasting, planning and analysis)
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills; good knowledge of Microsoft core programs – Excel (including pivot tables and macros), word and power point
- Have an understanding of international accounting practices and standards
- Experience of having managed and improved budgeting and forecasting processes
- Support senior members of the business timely, actionable insight
- Experience in preparing, analysing, and implementing accounting and reporting requirements
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- All applications must be completed and submitted online
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted