Federal Fire Service (FFS) Federal Fire Service (FFS) Full Time Federal Fire Service (FFS) Abia State, Adamawa State, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra State, Bauchi State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Borno State, Cross River State, Delta State, Ebonyi State, Edo State, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Federal Capital Territory - Abuja, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Lagos State, London, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Nigeria, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, Oyo State, Plateau State, Rivers State, Sokoto State, Taraba State, Yobe State, Zamfara State Abia StateAdamawa StateAkwa Ibom StateAnambra StateBauchi StateBayelsa StateBenue StateBorno StateCross River StateDelta StateEbonyi StateEdo StateEkiti StateEnugu StateFederal Capital Territory - AbujaGombe StateImo StateJigawa StateKaduna StateKano StateKatsina StateKebbi StateKogi StateKwara StateLagos StateLondonNasarawa StateNiger StateNigeriaOgun StateOndo StateOsun StateOyo StatePlateau StateRivers StateSokoto StateTaraba StateYobe StateZamfara State
Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a leading long established international business in consumer goods and equipment in Africa and Europe through several areas of expertise, is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Job Title: Head of HSSEQ
- Location: Lagos State Jobs
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Sales and Marketing Jobs
- To actively support in the planning, directing and managing of the Corporate HSSEQ management system.
- Provide appropriate safety and health initiatives, accident prevention programme, and investigation of incidents
- Put in place HSSEQ action plan and implement it
- Agree target with Head of Department
- Agree annual HSSEQ plan with Head of Department and follow up on implementation
- Update HSSEQ policies, procedures and manuals based on the company’s HSSEQ MS with adequate communication within and outside
Audits and Management Review:
- Implement a database tracking system to monitor the implementation of remedial actions (audits, HSSE cases, incidents, drills, potential incidents and HSSE meetings)
- Audit plans (internal and external) carried out on time
- RAPs of external audits closed on time
- Quarterly critical review of HSSE data carried out regularly (before 15th of month following end of quarter)
- Implementation of all audits recommendations reviewed quarterly by line managers and a report issued follows through to ensure close out of 75% PI’s reported with more than 75% attendance at Safety Assembly
Management of Overall HSSEQ Function Including:
- Implementation and Monitoring
- Ensure on time and accurate reporting of weekly and monthly HSSEQ performance
- Ensure that 90% of the HSSE annual plan is implemented
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and security regulations and policies.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Liaise with Head of HSSEQ on any health, safety or security problem which you cannot resolve.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff under direct management and expected to contribute to the health and safety of all personnel in the overall business unit.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive operations team
- Manage the performance of managers and team members within the department through the formal performance management system
- Self development and continuing personal development
- A first degree from a recognized institution or a relevant postgraduate business qualification (MBA or equivalent tertiary qualification)
- Minimum of 10 years HSSEQ experience. 5 years of which must be Oil and Gas experience. Of the 10 years’ experience, at least 3 years must have been spent in a senior management role.
- Professional membership or registration in Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP)
- Minimum of NEBOSH IGC/OSHA Certificate
- Knowledge in Corporate HSSEQ management, Operations, Safety audits, Management Information Systems.
- Budget planning & preparation
- Planning & organizing
- Project management
- Strategic planning & development
- Must be customer focused
- Ability to deliver results
- Open to learning
- Have professional confidence
- Must be a strategic thinker
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All application should be filled and submitted online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview