About AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
- Job Title: HIV Prevention Coordinator
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: NGO
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- The HIV prevention coordinator will ensure implementation HIV prevention programs In AHF supported health facilities, ensure adherence to SOPs, national guidelines and protocols.
- He/ she would facilitate the expansion and coverage of prevention program in line with approved program objectives. Strengthen collaboration & partnership with CBO / CSOs and other NGOs to enhance synergy
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at Biomedical Prevention of HIV (including Testing and Counseling).
- Coordinates the provision of community ICT outreaches according to acceptable protocols and in line with the national guidelines.
- Scale up and strengthen the provision of HCT through provider initiated testing and counseling approaches (PITC).
- Contributes to the design and implementation of approaches in other prevention strategies-including but not limited to Blood and Injection safety, Post exposure prophylaxis, HlV Testing and Counseling, and PHDP.
- Ensures effective and strategic leadership for HCWs at heath facilities and partners within the continuum of care.
- Support the design and implementation of prevention programs for MARPs and other key populations (i.e. as female sex workers, Adolescent and young persons as well as PWID).
- Contribute to the capacity building of HCWs and staff of CBO partners with respect to HIV prevention programs.
- Provides technical assistance to health facilities, CBOs sub-partners on strategic program implementation.
- Support and strengthen collaboration among CBO partners involved in HIV programs and promotes use of national and internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV biomedical interventions / services among AHF sponsored or supported programs in Nigeria.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety, USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensure effective data entry, manage and supervise the process of appropriate data collection at the facility and community using appropriate data tools for all HIV prevention programs.
- Assist to ensure coordinated inventory management, performs a monthly stock count; and reports appropriately.
- Represents AHF in strategic and technical partnerships-at the National, State and Local Government levels.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned as needed.
- Supervises HCT mobile teams.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities In accordance with AHFs policies and applicable laws;
To perform this job successfully, an Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- BSc, BA or any relevant qualification.
- MPH would be an added advantage
- 2-3 years’ experience in providing HIV prevention activities.
- Experience with managing CBO partners a plus.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- Women with required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Application deadline is the 13th of March 2018