Christian Aid is working with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. The Nigeria Country Program presently focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance and Gender. In partnership with a wide range of international and local organizations, Christian Aid conducts research, builds capacity, and provides technical assistance to CBOs, CSOs and other organizations across the five states including the FCT. Our Community Health and HIV Program have evolved over the past years to support partners and communities to exercise their rights to health and related services using appropriate, integrated, context specific, scalable and transformative health approaches to health service access, provision and utilization through health promotion & education and health governance.
- Job Title: Human Resource Administrator
- Location: Borno State, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: NGO
The post holder will provide effective and efficient support to HR, IT, Information Management within the Humanitarian Response in Borno State by ensuring high standards with focus on recruitment, staff induction, enrollment on insurance policies, staff documentation (both hard and soft copy). The role will be responsible for Volunteer engagement, management and documentation.
You are required to have a degree in Administration, Human Resources or any of the Social Sciences with 2to 3 years previous HR administrative experience particularly in an NGO. You are required to have strong IT skills, including experience of Microsoft Office and databases management. The post holder is required to have excellent interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural. Previous experience of working with a computerised HR system is desirable.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Tell us about a time when you knew you had communicated some information clearly and concisely to someone else. What was the situation? What was the information or message you had to communicate? How did you communicate? What method(s) did you use? What was the outcome? How did you know you had communicated concisely and clearly?
Please tell us about a time when you were particularly conscious of the quality of your work and how you ensured it met the standards required. What was the situation? Which piece of work? Why was it memorable? What had you been asked to do? What action(s) did you take to check the quality and standard? Were you successful? If so, how did you know?
Tell us about a time showed your concern for others. What was the context? Why were you concerned? What action(s) did you take to demonstrate your concern? Why? What was the impact of your action(s)? On the other person(s)? On yourself?
Job Detailed Decriptions
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All application must be filled and submitted online
- The position is open until the 6th of February, 2017
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview