Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health/family planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, primary health care system strengthening and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Global Fund among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
- Job Title: Human Rights and Advocacy Specialist
- Job Location: Abuja
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Category: NGO Jobs
- The successful candidate will provide highly technical support to program activities across communities and state structures.
- S/He will be responsible for promoting Human rights, identifying and tracking socio-legal barriers to access to services.
- S/he will be responsible for facilitating the adoption and implementation of laws and policies, that improve access to HIV and AIDS services by the vulnerable persons, including key populations
- S/He will also articulate, plan, implement and follow up on targeted advocacy to gatekeepers, stakeholders and government agencies to enhance programme deliverables.
- S/He will provide support to the Desk officers, PACA, and the Legal liaison between SACA and the Ministry of Justice.
- S/He will create an enabling environment for smooth implementation of activities at the community level.
- Must possess a University degree in Social Sciences, its equivalent in Law. A relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years working experience in Health and sector especially in managing HIV Programme.
- Experience working on advocacy issues particularly those affecting vulnerable populations is an advantage
- Must have passion for the job and readiness to go the extra mile.
- Must have good analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must have excellent people management and motivation skills.
- High level of integrity
- Accountability and ownership of tasks and results is essential for this role.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- Applicants should forward a one-page application letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to: HRAS@sfhnigeria.org
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements. All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.