When your business needs extend beyond your core competencies, turning to a leading firm in outsourcing and consulting services to help you regain your focus. At Rovedana, our world revolves around your business. Our Business Process Outsourcing practice will assist your business in all forms of operational management so you can increase your productivity and reduce overall costs.
- Job Title: ICSS/PLC Technician
- Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Job Role and Task Complexities
- He will be responsible for maintenance operations in his field of competence.
- He ensures that maintenance operations under his responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with company’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice, thereby guaranteeing the quality of maintenance operations, within his field, carried out on site by contractor.
- He guarantees a good level of availability of the equipment he is responsible for on production sites.
- He plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training and development by mentoring on site.
- Organises and performs on site the maintenance Operations which are placed under his responsibility.
- Assists the Planning Engineer with the resourcing and suitable planning input to ensure a quality preparation and execution of all ICSS and Systems works.
- Assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC).
- Ensures that company’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Ensures that all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment are carried out in a safe manner and in strict compliance with company operating procedures and any statutory legislation in order to maintain all such equipment in safe and sound operating condition.
- Manages interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team.
- Enters all intervention reports in the CMIMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors (and in certain plant – Operates) the functioning of any equipment placed under his responsibility, performs trouble shooting in the ICSS, PLC, etc.
- Follows up the Parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems for condition monitoring purposes, maintains an accurate and auditable log of all system faults and inhibits (Short term and long term).
- Carries out, at contactor’s site representative’s request and company validation, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed.
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements.
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements to company.
- Warns support and planning teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts, suggests improvements and requests modifications to company.
- Verifies the quality of his interventions by frequent checks prior to hand-back of critical or high integrity equipment to production after maintenance activity.
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and Equipment.
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or B.Eng. in a related course.
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience in the field of Control and Safety systems in the Petrochemical industry.
- Specific professional knowledge in CMIMS: UNISUP or SAP similar EMERSON ICSS
- Hydraulic driven devices, pumps, compressors and turbo generation equipment.
- Requirements (Electrical):
- Knowledge of Invertors, High voltage and low voltage systems, Variable speed units.
- All instrumentation techniques, Meters, DCS and PLC systems.
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
- Takes a Pride in his work and has the ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others, Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site.
- Knowledge of French language will be an advantage.
- He must have proven ability as a leader of small teams. Perfectly competent and independent in his own field, He must show common sense and an organisational ability.
- Natural authority, founded on his abilities and on the trust, he has in his teams, is essential.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All applicants should attach a detailed CV and Cover letter in MS document
- The position applied for must be the heading of your mail.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further correspondence