About Ernst & Young (EY)
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
- As a Tax Staff, you will be a part of our Diversified Staff Group.
- Our Diversified Staff Group model is all about providing our people with the skills, information and knowledge to take on some of the biggest challenges in taxation.
- The vision of EY’s Diversified Staff Group (DSG) is to grow today’s tax professionals to be tomorrow’s leaders.
- You can expect a unique insight into our business, where you’ll build a network of relationships in an area that influences major business decisions every day.
- As the team continues to grow, so will you, and over time, you will become a well-rounded tax professional with broad experience in multiple areas of tax.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Your role as a Tax Staff will give you the opportunity to combine corporate tax work with structured and virtual learning.
- Our curriculum will build your career in tax; includes work experience in tax compliance, tax accrual reviews, tax provisions and tax planning.
- Our people work on key client issues in domestic corporate income taxation, with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client’s business objectives.
- Assisting both local and international clients to fully set up business/operations in the customs territory and the Free Trade Zone
- Provide company secretarial services to clients including preparing for board meetings, annual general meetings, and drafting of minutes of meetings
- Filing corporate changes at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including annual returns, change in shareholding, directorship, company secretary, registered address etc
- Providing company secretarial and regulatory advice to clients
- Ensuring clients are fully compliant with their relevant corporate, governance and regulatory requirements
- Monitor legislation/regulations on an ongoing basis, to identify areas that may impact clients’ operations
- Liaise with regulators on behalf of clients
- Obtaining permits, licenses, and registrations on behalf of clients in any regulated industry including banking & financial institutions, FMCGs, oil & gas, maritime, aviation etc
- Providing intellectual property (trademarks, patents, copyrights and industrial designs) advisory and registration
- Providing liquidation and business cessation services
- Assisting clients to obtain Acceptance Certificates with respect to Fixed Assets (CAFA)
- Providing stamp duty advisory and compliance services
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree. A Legal background with ICSAN qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience
- Must have practical knowledge of the key responsibilities
- Personal leadership and integrity
- Excellent knowledge of Nigerian corporate law.
- Good knowledge of stamp duties administration in Nigeria
- Well-organized and keen attention to details
- Open to learn new skills and high-quality delivery
- Proactive, innovative, and creative
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Tech savvy
- Abilities to set priorities, multi-task, work and deliver independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts.
- Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations. Thoroughly and accurately analyze information.
- Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client’s tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
- Preparing corporate tax returns
- Auditing tax provisions
- Share tax planning ideas with others.
- Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals.
- Assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans and assist in making quality decisions in complex areas.
What We Look For:
- We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
- We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world.
- If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online