The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
- Job Title: Individual Consultant (Mid-term Evaluation (MTE) of SIDA’s Support to the Initial Project Activities of the Strategic Programme on Reduction of Vulnerability and Adaptation to Climate Change in West Africa)
- Location: ECOWAS Commission, Abuja, Nigeria
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) represented by the ECOWAS Commission intends to recruit an individual consultant firm to carry out the Mid-term Evaluation (MTE) of Sida’s Support to the initial project Activities of the Strategic Programme on Reduction of Vulnerability and Adaptation to Climate Change in West Africa.
The mid-term review aims at assisting partners to access sustainability of activities, approaches and structures initiated or supported by the project, and provide recommendations for the future. Specific objectives of the review will be as follows:
- Assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the project implementation, including assessing the institutional arrangement, partnerships, risk management, M&E and project implementation;
- The extent to which the project remains constant with support of the ECOWAS vision 2020 where policy background originates;
- Determining the relevance of the Project in relation to the existing needs of the stakeholders and the environment;
- Evaluating the impacts of the Project and the contribution of the outputs to the overall purpose;
- Providing guidance on establishment of critical benchmark baselines for impacts assessment;
- Assessing the long term sustainability of project interventions;
- Identifying lessons learned on the strategic approach (strategic processes and mechanisms chosen to achieve the project objectives).
The overall duration of the assignment is: 35 working days and will be carried out by one (1) individual consultant, responding to the profile below: One (1) Environmental Expert:
- Post graduate degree (PhD or minimum of Master degree) in Natural Resources/Environmental Management/Climate Science;
- General Experience: Must have a minimum of ten (10) years working experience gained with an international or national organization, a consultancy firm or a government;
- Specific Experience: Shall justify a proven track record for similar assignments (minimum of 2 projects) and shall have a solid knowledge and proven experience on climate change concerns, NDC5 and Paris Agreement. Significant experience in Result – Based Management (RBM) and in analyzing organizational set-ups, project planning, management and, implementation and evaluation of comparable projects; a good overview regarding relevant actors within climate change negotiations in the ECOWAS region and Shall have a profound knowledge concerning cost-efficiency and effectiveness analyses related to projects.
- Experience in the West African Region: Shall justify good knowledge of West African Region and justifying a proven track record for similar assignments (2 projects) in the ECO WAS region.
- Experience with Donors Funded Projects: Shall justify at least one similar assignment carried out under a Donor Funded Project;
- Language Skills: Must be fluent (reading, writing and speaking) in any of the ECOWAS Official Language (English; French or Portuguese). A good knowledge of the other official languages will be an advantage.
- The ECOWAS Commission now invites all interested eligible individual Consultant to submit their candidacy to provide the services described above. The Consultants must produce a letter of expression of interest and their curriculum vitae, providing clear information on their experience and qualification for the assignment (CV, references of similar services demonstrating that they are qualified, description of their experiences and tasks in similar missions, availability and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project etc).
- Please note that if individual consultants are proposed by firms, only the experience and qualifications of the individuals shall be used in the selection process, their corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract, if given, will be signed with the proposed individuals.
- The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricula vitae and the selected Consultant will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. (Selection method: Individual Consultant based on the Consultant’s Qualification).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates/firms should send their Expressions of Interest to the address below and clearly marked: “Expression of Interest for Registration as Consultant for ECOWAS Commission”, Do not open, except in presence of the ECOWAS Procurement Committee:
Commissioner General Administration & Conference,
No. 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Please clearly indicate on the envelope as well as in the covering letter if your submission is for Individual, Consultant or Firm Consultant.
The Expression of Interest must be submitted in the following order:
- Cover Letter duly signed by the firm’s authorized signatory indicating the area of specialization;
- Company Profile;
- Certificate of Incorporation / Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Certified True Copy of Tax Clearance Certificate for the years (2016; 2015 and 2014)
- Evidence of financial capacity (Certified True Copy of Audited financial statement for the years (2016; 2015 and 2014);
- CV’s of Personnel (copy of all Certificates/Degrees presented)
- Three (3) verifiable job completion certificate(s) (in the indicated area of interest) executed within the last ten (10) years from 2017;
- Exact location and full addresses/contact telephone numbers / Email address
- An Expression of Interest shall be disqualified where any of the above listed documentations is not provided and any job completion certificates submitted by any consultant (firm) must have verifiable and functional address / email and phone number of the client issuing the certificate.
- Expressions of Interest shall be submitted (1 Original + 3 Copies) in a sealed envelope indicating the name of the consultant (firms or individuals); specific area of specialization.
- An Expression of Interest shall be disqualified where no specific area of specialization is indicated on the envelope as well as in the cover letter A firm or individual cannot apply for more than three (3) areas of specialization.
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will therefore not be considered.
- Interested suppliers / contractors or service providers can obtain further information at the e-mail addresses mentioned below during working hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm (local time) on working days: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Application Deadline: 12th April 2018