The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for ensuring that in-coming and out-going mails are received and processed accordingly on a timely basis as well as for ensuring that a reliable and efficient filing system is maintained.
- Provide timely operational support
- Implement operational activities as scheduled and report.
- Assist in the follow up on logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow up meeting decisions and correspondence outcomes and ensure their implementation.
- Prepare routine office communication and assist in compiling data and information for reporting purposes.
- Assist in the creation, improvement and maintenance of record and retrieval systems
- Follow up on provision and maintenance of office facilities and materials.
- Receive, register, process and forward in-coming and out-going mail/correspondence to relevant addressee.
- Scan and digitize in-coming mail and records.
- Sort, organize, maintain, store and retrieve office records accurately.
- Create and ensure appropriate records electronically classification.
- Ensure records categorization according to the File Plan.
- File all physical files including personnel (open and confidential), financial, legal files, and ensure their safe custody.
- Ensure that accurate metadata elements of records are captured for upload onto the electronic records system for electronic filing.
- Create new folders and files and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule.
- Keep records safe and secure in a proper place.
- Maintain archives, ensure that files are properly stored and accessible
- Maintain a log of all outgoing files to ensure documents are returned in time.
- Service departmental meetings and ensure distribution of working documents to meeting participants.
- Ensure confidentiality and non-disclosure of records.
- Ensure that a reliable, accurate and efficient filing system is maintained in line with the Archives and Records Management Policy.
- Provide answers to queries by searching and retrieval of records.
- Maintain records system of files movements within the office;
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management / Administration or Records Management from a recognized institution with 2 years relevant work experience in Registry/Records Management or clerical duties.
- A Diploma in Office Management / Administration or Records Management from a recognized institution with 3 years relevant work experience in Registry/Records Management or clerical duties.
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Time management capabilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and non-disclosure of information.
- Competence in the use of standard software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Developing others
- Risk Awareness and Compliance
- Teamwork and Collaboration;
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating Clearly;
- Trouble shooting
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Task Focused;
- Continuous Improvement Awareness;
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Remuneration: Indicative basic salary of US$ 11,071.00 (GSA3 Step1) per annum plus education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of USD $3,300 per child per annum for recruited staff).
Application Closing Date: 15th December, 2022.
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.