Tasks and Responsibilities
- Director of Strategic information (DSI) – Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing program for annual Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS Tuberculoses (TB) and Malaria etc.
- We seek application from qualified persons for the post of Director of Strategic Information (DS) on the USAID funded OVC project Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award in Lagos, Edo and Kwara States.
- The candidate will be based in Lagos and report to the Chief of Party.
- The DSI will be the lead technical expert responsible for all SI aspects of the Activity, including monitoring, evaluation, analytical and reporting of performance and results.
- She will lead efforts to ensure accurate and timely performance reporting for the Activity
- This includes overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document and analyse the performance of their OVC and HIV services and activities and ensure data quality
- She will liaise with event technical advisers and counterparts responsible for state and LGA level SI functions and will ensure monitoring and evaluation coordination with PERFAR/USAID and national data systems.
- The DSI will be the lead technical expert responsible for all SI aspects of the project, including monitoring, evaluation, analytics and reporting of performance and results.
- S/he will lead efforts to ensure accurate and timely performance reporting for the project. This includes overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document, and analyze the performance of their OVC and HIV services and activities and ensure data quality.
- S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for state and LGA level SI functions; and will ensure monitoring and evaluation coordination with PERFAR and national data system.
- S/he will set standards for data quality verification process, including routine data Quality Audits, and Provide oversight of implementation.
- S/he will drive and synthesize analysis initiatives across program teams, provide regular analyses overviewing relevant program topics and disseminating information to the proper stakeholders.
- Effective tracking of delivery inline with 95:95:95 goals, AP3 results, HTS and tracking of community to Facility efforts
- S/he will develop monitoring strategies operationalized through monitoring systems; design monitoring tools; monitor project activities, outputs, and progress towards anticipated results.
- The DSI will be skilled in developing and using data/data analytics to aid program decision-making, with demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Coordinate implementation of research activities
- Coordinate CLM activities.
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Work, Monitoring & Evaluation, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Analytics, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of experience in Donor funded program such as USG or United Nations in designing, establishing and managing M & E systems, to ensure data quality, and management of data for strategic information.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a strategic information leadership role is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with PERFAR data reporting requirements and systems (APPR/DATIM)
- Excellent understanding of PERFAR MER and GON OVC indicators
- Understanding of USAID, PERFAR, and GON strategic information / monitoring and evaluation standards and practices.
- Previous experience in providing TA to FMWA/SMWA/LGAs on NOMIS strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
- Experience supervising a multi-disciplinary team of M&E experts and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving project needs.
- Experience in coordinating research.
- The DSI will be skilled in the development and use of data/data analytical to aid program decision-making with demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- S/he will have the ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel., STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools, making recommendations based on finding.
- S/he will be able to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats / visualizations.
- The DSI will have a working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and M&E processes as it relates to data collection for performance – based reporting, with understanding, experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer Software programs) to target program interventions and resources; and excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Benefits: We offer professional opportunities for careers advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration
Application Closing Date: 23rd November, 2022.
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
Also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word Document), explaining suitability for the job, to: email@example.com using the job titleas the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity Employer (EOE).