About AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
- Job Title: Laboratory Service Manager
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: NGO
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- To provide laboratory oversight in all AHF sites and ensures adherence to standard laboratory protocols in the country program. Coordinates training, support supervision, mentorship, team building exercises for all laboratory staff in the country program.
- Directly supervises laboratory scientists/technicians and other lab staff in running the Partec CD4, hematology and chemistry machines.
- Ensures that high quality of laboratory services is maintaining all AHF supported healthcare centers in the country program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates planning, overseeing and supervising activities for the laboratory function for all sites;
- Coordinates and ensures the performance of basic laboratory assays CD4 tests, Heamatology and Chemistry as well as other tests as required at all AHF Sites;
- Oversees laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols, and support other affiliated labs staff —lab Scientists, technicians, assistants and HIV Medics involved with the lab functions,
- Coordinates with all laboratory vendors) outside contractors), and all sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective;
- Coordinates the Performance of quality control checks and maintenance of Laboratory Equipments, and other laboratory tests performed within the labs;
- Coordinates the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices at all AHF healthcare centers; promoting quality of services based on timeliness in reporting results.
- Coordinates training, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
- Coordinates inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagentsundrAI1F
- Coordinates EQA, proficiency testing activities.
- Coordinates and ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at all AHF Healthcare Centers;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Competencies
- BMLS Medical Laboratory Science; AIMLS
- A minimum of five years post NYSC experience in a similar position.
- Additional qualification in Medical laboratory science or relevant postgraduate equivalent will be an added advantage.
- High lab leadership and coordination skills
- Experience with CD4, hematology, chemistry, microbiological systems.
- Proficient experience in various HIV services laboratory support equipment handling.
- High analytical skills, quality control and basic knowledge of HIV laboratory monitoring.
- Computer proficiency an added advantage.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- Women with required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Application deadline is the 13th of March 2018