About AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
- Job Title: Laboratory Technician
- Location: Abuja, Cross River, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: NGO
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- To provide laboratory support in all sites and adherence to standard laboratory protocols in the country program.
- Involved in training, support supervision, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff.
- Directly supports HIV Medics running the Partec CD4 machines. Ensures that high quality of laboratory services is maintained at all healthcare centers under his/her purview.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in planning and support supervision activities for the laboratory function for all sites under his/her purview;
- Provides basic laboratory services for CD4tests and other tests as required;
- Supports laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory Protocols for all HIV Medics involved with the lab function;
- Coordinates with all laboratory vendors (outside contractors), and the sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results efficient and effective;
- Conducts quality control checks and maintenance for the Partec CD4 machine in all labs and other laboratory tests performed within the labs;
- Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices stall affiliated healthcare centers;
- Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under his/her sites;
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the Healthcare Centers;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experiences
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science;
- Experience with CD4 systems
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be proficient in MS Office
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- Women with required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Application deadline is the 13th of March 2018