About World Health Organization (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
- Job Title: Logistics Assistant
- Location: Abuja Nigeria
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Category: NGO
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to (a) the reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and (b) the strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Description of Duties
Under the overall supervision of the Operations Officer and the functional guidance of the Technical Officer for Operations, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- Maintain an up to date record of all EPI fixed assets and attractive items. Supervise physical verification of fixed assets and generate collated quarterly reports from zonal logistics assistants. Maintain custody of fixed assets bar codes and accept assets in GSM while bar coding. Generate annual fixed assets movement cards based on the WHO e-manual XIII.
- Provide guidance on handling of non-functional equipment and assist with arrangements for proper disposal Conduct logistics function at the country office pertaining to office and official residences maintenance and management.
- Following up with relevant Government counterpart for transactions relating to the premises.Support verification of radio and satellite communication equipment for tracking and billing in close consultation with radio room and radio technicians.
- Liaise regularly with zonal and state offices to monitor operations activities and report on vehicle, staff movement, facilities maintenance and security related matters from zones.
- Regularly assess logistics needs for zonal and state offices and summarize recommendations for implementation.
- Prepare a monthly report to the Operations Officer on Logistic activities across the country including fixed assets, facilities maintenance and movement of stocks, office consumables and office equipment.
- Prepare monthly inventory report with indicative analysis giving recommendations on need for replacement and/or purchase of additional equipment Provide logistics support for upcoming logistics requirements as may be required.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of secondary education; preferably supplemented by a technical/self studies or university degree.
- Desirable: University degree in Engineering or Management studies.
- Essential: At least eight years working experience in operations and logistics with a complex and diverse work environment, preferably an international organization
- Desirable: At least 2 years’ experience in inventory and ware house management.
- Very good understanding of operations and logistics in a complex work environment Excellent knowledge of fixed asset management
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Producing results
- Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 8,200,887 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- Application is open until the 19th of April, 2018
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
- WHO is an equal opportunity employer, women are encouraged to apply.