Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development, to fill the vacant position below:
- Job Title: Manager, Fixed Asset and General Ledger
- Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Job
- Job Category: Computer and Info. Tech Jobs
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- To ensure that fixed assets, prepayments, accruals and the company’s accounts receivable position are properly stated.
- Responsible for the day to day administration, maintenance and development of the Company’s Fixed Assets and General Ledger.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies, procedures and processes as they relate to asset management and asset accounting systems.
- Track and record movement of all assets including acquisition, depreciation, transfers, disposal/ impairment of assets in accordance with company policies and IFRS.
- Liaise and work closely with relevant departments to ensure all policies, procedures and processes relating to assets are in line with IFRS and the company’s overall direction on assets.
- Analyse General Ledger Accounts, to identify costs that should be capitalized and included in fixed assets
- Prepare capitalization entries and monitor reports to ensure that assets are correctly accounted for into the fixed assets records.
- Plan and co-ordinate physical verification of the Company’s Assets.
- Reconcile the fixed asset register or sub-ledger, or the subsidiary asset management system to the general ledger control account for each class of fixed assets, and resolving any reconciling items
- Maintain files for all supporting documentation for fixed assets and capital projects
- Provide information for fixed asset reporting, such as summarizing financial activity for inclusion in the property, plant and equipment section of the financial statements
- Coordinate the physical inventory process for fixed assets.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with 8 years minimum in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- Professional qualification like ICAN, ACCA, ACA is a plus
- Good knowledge of IFRS, local and global Management Accounting Trends and practices
- Excellence in analytical and logical reasoning
- Good Knowledge of Fixed Asset Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word& Power point)
- Proficiency in the use of an ERP.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- All applications must be completed and submitted online
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted