In 2001, MTN Nigeria was one of the first telecom operators to receive a GSM licence from the Federal Government of Nigeria. Since then, we have led the growth in the voice market and today, we offer an integrated suite of communications products/services, including mobile voice and data, digital and mobile financial services as well as enterprise services to SMEs, public sector and corporate clients.
- Job Title: Manager, State & Local Government Affairs
- Job Location: Lagos State Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Telecommunication Jobs
Core purpose of the Job
- Provide regulatory guidance and support on various business issues, input into regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework and future impact of new regulatory policies and legislation on MTN N operation in line with best practices.
- Provide input and guidance into proposed regulatory policies/ legislation ensuring that MTN N’s interest is taken into account.
- Draft and manage interconnects agreements and prepare capacity leasing agreements with incumbent operators and new entrants.
- Influence the telecommunications sector competitive policies to attain a level playing field as well as monitor compliance with interconnect agreement and all interconnect related issues in the industry.
- Review prepared infrastructure sharing guidelines/ agreements and national and international roaming agreements.
- Research and identify new ways to generate revenue, as well as cost saving opportunities arising from competitive or regulatory developments.
- Monitor and update MTNN on developments; bills, new policies, within the legislative/ regulatory arena; and follow up with regulatory authorities on submissions and other regulatory issues.
- Manage relationship with Regulatory authorities and make presentations to key stakeholders such as Regulatory Agencies, National Assembly and other relevant fora. .
- Support management and advice MTN N on interconnects agreements/relationship, licence conditions and compliance with regulations and legislation.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Standard Working Condition
Experience & Training
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- LLB or other recognized law degree
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization with experience in supervising/managing others
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
- Experience in a commercial legal environment, alternatively within a legal & regulatory control body
- Experience within the telecommunication environment is desirable
- Courses, Seminars, Conferences & workshops in Telecommunication Regulation
- Management Development Program
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- All applications should be completed on or before the 18th January, 2018.
- Multiple application is not allowed.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.