Established in 1915, Helen Keller International (HKI) works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged persons. We combat the cause and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa (including Nigeria), Asia as well as in the United States. With funds from the Mondelez International Foundation, HKI is implementing a healthy lifestyles project in primary schools in Ikeja, Lagos.
- Job Title: NTD Technical Advisor
- Job Location: Abuja Jobs
- Job Type: Full time Jobs
- Job Category: NGO Jobs
The Technical Advisor (TA) is responsible for providing NTD technical support to the Chief of Party and will function as an integral member of the NTD Unit. The TA will work closely with the Chief of Party to support and ensure effective management of the NTD Program, including collaboration with the MOH, donors and partners as appropriate. The TA will provide technical assistance for implementation of integrated NTD activities, including strategic program, work planning, and stakeholder coordination to support the achievement of national goals of LF, onchocerciasis, and trachoma elimination and control of soil-transmitted helminths and schistosomiasis.
- Provide technical assistance and support capacity building of NTD project focal persons;
- Participate in the development of annual work plans, budgets, and forecasting of NTD drugs, diagnostics and supplies;
- Support the timely implementation, integration and smooth operation of NTD master plan activities, ensuring they are implemented in accordance with work plan and budget;
- Build partnerships for planning and resource mobilization for NTD program implementation by serving as a support liaison between the NTD Unit, program partners, and national and international donors and organizations; facilitate NTD meetings and events;
- Remain informed of new knowledge, information and technology relevant to NTDs as well as WHO NTD guidelines; Participate in the development and continual refinement of national NTD training materials and guidelines;
- Support the M&E NTD Advisor in the management of database and participate in routine data management and analysis;
- Support program monitoring and evaluation, disease mapping, and routine program surveys in collaboration with the COP, Ministry of Health and other stakeholders;
- Participate in the preparation and organization of regional and sub-regional training activities, and follow up assessment of trainees and facilitators to ensure quality of training and performance;
- Travel to key zones and districts for supportive supervision and other technical assistance;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in public health or other relevant discipline and at least 10 years’ progressive experience implementing and leading technical and program activities for donor-funded health programs. Experience with NTDs or other infectious diseases required
- Experience in implementing NTD programs in Nigeria
- Past experience working with USAID projects preferred. Understanding of USAID policies and guidelines.
- Experience in all aspects of program management: conceiving, planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating.
- Excellent communication, supervisory and interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership, management, and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience managing and analyzing NTD data along with knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for M&E.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria frequently and ability to travel internationally.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team- oriented setting
- Strong English oral and written communication and presentation skills
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- Applicants should attach a comprehensive resume with a cover letter in a single MS Word document.
- We are requesting for interested candidates to apply by sending their application along with a suitability statement to [email protected]
- Please note that this position is contigent upon availability of funding
- Helen Keller International is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled
- Total Jobs: 0 Jobs
- Location Federal Capital Territory - Abuja