Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority – NCAA Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority – NCAA Full Time Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority – NCAA Abia State, Adamawa State, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra State, Bauchi State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Borno State, Cross River State, Delta State, Ebonyi State, Edo State, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Federal Capital Territory - Abuja, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Lagos State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Nigeria, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, Oyo State, Plateau State, Rivers State, Sokoto State, Taraba State, Yobe State, Zamfara State Abia StateAdamawa StateAkwa Ibom StateAnambra StateBauchi StateBayelsa StateBenue StateBorno StateCross River StateDelta StateEbonyi StateEdo StateEkiti StateEnugu StateFederal Capital Territory - AbujaGombe StateImo StateJigawa StateKaduna StateKano StateKatsina StateKebbi StateKogi StateKwara StateLagos StateNasarawa StateNiger StateNigeriaOgun StateOndo StateOsun StateOyo StatePlateau StateRivers StateSokoto StateTaraba StateYobe StateZamfara State
Swap Consulting – Our client is a leading Internet Service Provider with head office in Victoria Island, Lagos and branches across Nigeria. As a result of business expansion, the following positions are available for suitable qualified candidates in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan and Ado Ekiti offices.
- Job Title: OSP Supervisor (FTTH Out-Side- Plant)
- Job Location(s): Lagos, Ekiti, Kano and Ibadan
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Effectively supervise out-side- plant projects, namely: High Streets, Estates and BB Extensions into MTU/MDU.
- Comply with all project execution procedure, namely; Proper studies of project award documents (Design Plan, BOM, Splice Plan, Link Budget Calculator, and HLDesc) immediately after you receive project assignment order.
- Ensure project kick off meeting happens no more than 48hrs after project is assigned to you and that contractor SUBMITS program of work immediately after.
- Prepare a project material list and confirm all required project materials is available in store long before the material is actually needed on site.
- Escalate unavailable materials to your Team Lead for immediate procurement action.
- Confirm all network backend connections/resources are available and active for link commissioning long before the project reaches your Team Lead for immediate action long before the commissioning phase.
- Distribute notification letters to residents of project location/streets at least a week before project civil works commences.
- Facilitate meeting with Estate Manager & Contractor to agree on work method before Estate civil works commences.
- Also ensure Estate Manager notifies residents about the project before civil works starts.
- Review quality of materials supplied to site by contractor (e.g. PVC, HDPE,GI pipes, e.t.c) and ensure they meet ipNX standards.
- Reject sub-standard materials and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Observe quality of civil and cabling works (handhole, Trench depth, cabling process, splicing and splice management, special surface excavation and replacement, e.t.c) and ensure they meet company standards.
- Stop sub-standard works and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Effectively monitor projects to ensure contractor compliance with design scope (approved quantity), program of work (agreed resource/time) and work method (approved quality).
- Team Lead will measure your performance on effective project monitoring by tracking your compliance to Daily Work SMS submissions, Weekly project update reporting, Attendance in weekly project meetings, Accurate & Timely red-line drawing submission, Accurate & Timely Splice-MST report submission.
- Variations to design and scope plans MUST be escalated back to the office and approved before they are implemented on site.
- Troubleshoot, Analyze, Identify & Resolve faults that may delay link commissioning.
- Submit Accurate Splice-MST report sheet and Accurate Red line Drawings 48hrs after project completion.
- Actively participate in the audit exercise of completed projects and ensure project snags are cleared before Audit.
- Provide support to the engineering team where necessary and as defined by the Head of Projects or your Team Lead.
- B.Sc. or HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics, Project
- Management, Applied Sciences/ any other related discipline.
- Over 2 Years OSP Supervision Experience.
- Knowledge of major fibre routes across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja
- and Port Harcourt Metro.
- Proficient use of fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Proficient in the use of design softwares e.g. AutoCAD, Visio etc
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email application.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
- Over 2 years of sound OSP Supervision experience in a Telecoms firm.
- Understanding of fibre terminologies, fiber cable management, and fiber link power budgeting.
- Understanding of FTTH architecture and PON/GPON Networks.
- Understanding and accurate interpretation of Design drawing and As-Built drawings for fibre networks.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further correspondence
- Applicants can also send their applications directly to [email protected]
- Address Lagos State, Nigeria