Swap Consulting – Our client is a leading Internet Service Provider with head office in Victoria Island, Lagos and branches across Nigeria. As a result of business expansion, the following positions are available for suitable qualified candidates in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan and Ado Ekiti offices.
- Job Title: OSP Supervisor (FTTH Out-Side- Plant)
- Job Location(s): Lagos, Ekiti, Kano and Ibadan
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Effectively supervise out-side- plant projects, namely: High Streets, Estates and BB Extensions into MTU/MDU.
- Comply with all project execution procedure, namely; Proper studies of project award documents (Design Plan, BOM, Splice Plan, Link Budget Calculator, and HLDesc) immediately after you receive project assignment order.
- Ensure project kick off meeting happens no more than 48hrs after project is assigned to you and that contractor SUBMITS program of work immediately after.
- Prepare a project material list and confirm all required project materials is available in store long before the material is actually needed on site.
- Escalate unavailable materials to your Team Lead for immediate procurement action.
- Confirm all network backend connections/resources are available and active for link commissioning long before the project reaches your Team Lead for immediate action long before the commissioning phase.
- Distribute notification letters to residents of project location/streets at least a week before project civil works commences.
- Facilitate meeting with Estate Manager & Contractor to agree on work method before Estate civil works commences.
- Also ensure Estate Manager notifies residents about the project before civil works starts.
- Review quality of materials supplied to site by contractor (e.g. PVC, HDPE,GI pipes, e.t.c) and ensure they meet ipNX standards.
- Reject sub-standard materials and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Observe quality of civil and cabling works (handhole, Trench depth, cabling process, splicing and splice management, special surface excavation and replacement, e.t.c) and ensure they meet company standards.
- Stop sub-standard works and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Effectively monitor projects to ensure contractor compliance with design scope (approved quantity), program of work (agreed resource/time) and work method (approved quality).
- Team Lead will measure your performance on effective project monitoring by tracking your compliance to Daily Work SMS submissions, Weekly project update reporting, Attendance in weekly project meetings, Accurate & Timely red-line drawing submission, Accurate & Timely Splice-MST report submission.
- Variations to design and scope plans MUST be escalated back to the office and approved before they are implemented on site.
- Troubleshoot, Analyze, Identify & Resolve faults that may delay link commissioning.
- Submit Accurate Splice-MST report sheet and Accurate Red line Drawings 48hrs after project completion.
- Actively participate in the audit exercise of completed projects and ensure project snags are cleared before Audit.
- Provide support to the engineering team where necessary and as defined by the Head of Projects or your Team Lead.
- B.Sc. or HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics, Project
- Management, Applied Sciences/ any other related discipline.
- Over 2 Years OSP Supervision Experience.
- Knowledge of major fibre routes across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja
- and Port Harcourt Metro.
- Proficient use of fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Proficient in the use of design softwares e.g. AutoCAD, Visio etc
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email application.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
- Over 2 years of sound OSP Supervision experience in a Telecoms firm.
- Understanding of fibre terminologies, fiber cable management, and fiber link power budgeting.
- Understanding of FTTH architecture and PON/GPON Networks.
- Understanding and accurate interpretation of Design drawing and As-Built drawings for fibre networks.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further correspondence
- Applicants can also send their applications directly to email@example.com