Flour Mills of Nigeria (FMN) Plc Flour Mills of Nigeria (FMN) Plc Full Time Bayelsa State, Borno State, Federal Capital Territory - Abuja, Kaduna State, Kano State, Lagos State, Nigeria, Osun State, Oyo State, Rivers State Bayelsa StateBorno StateFederal Capital Territory - AbujaKaduna StateKano StateLagos StateNigeriaOsun StateOyo StateRivers State
About AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
- Job Title: Pharmacist
- Location: Abuja, Cross River, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: NGO
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinates pharmacy- related activities in AHF supported sites under his/her purview through mentorship of pharmacy staff in medication adherence counselling, pharmaceutical care, provision of relevant drug information, quality assurance of pharmaceuticals, quality improvement of pharmacy services, implementation of appropriate drug dispensing protocols and pharmacy best practices.
- Works with clinicians to ensure rational drug use, monitor adverse drug reactions, appropriate drug regimen, and improved clinical outcomes of anti-retroviral therapy in patients across AHF Nigeria-supported health facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews prescriptions from AHF care providers to assure accuracy, clinical appropriateness and rational drug use (in accordance with standard guidelines Including the current National Guidelines for HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care> across AHF Nigeria – supported health facilities.
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and health care providers on drug interactions, aide effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Ensures implementation of pharmacy best practices (pharmaceutical care of patients, standard drug dispensing protocols, standard storage of drugs, and implementation of the first-to expire, first-out procedure in the drug stores in all AHF Nigeria-supported health facilities under his/her purview.
- Ensures availability of anti-retroviral drugs and drugs for opportunistic infections by issuing drugs as required at all AHF Nigeria health facilities from the AHF State Store.
- Manages all drug inventory procedures at the state level.
- Monitors National Pharmacy Indicators in all AHF Sites for quality improvement.
- Ensures appropriate drug reference materials, National treatment guidelines, National Standard Operating Procedures Manuals for Logistics Management of HIV/AIDS Commodities and paediatric dosing wheels are provided for the relevant staff.
- Support drug procurement processes from AHF Nigeria pre-qualified drug vendors.
- Support the reviews drug reports to ensure submission of accurate and auditable monthly and bi-monthly drug reports from AHF clinic sites to the organization, Federal Ministry of Health, and National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme.
- Represents AHF Nigeria in State Procurement and Supply Chain Management Logistics Technical Working Group Meetings, as well as state Ministry of Health Workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experiences
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree (B.Pharm.)
- Experience in logistics management of drugs, preferably in an NGO
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Must possess a valid license to practice ass Pharmacist.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- Women with required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Application deadline is the 13th of March 2018