Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
- Job Title: Pre-Optimization Manager
- Location: Nigeria Jobs
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Telecommunication Jobs
- Looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Pre-Optimization Manager in the Neworks Function.
Role is located in Lagos and role holder would be responsible for:
- Coverage analysis and forecasting using Mentum Planet. Run routine and on-demand coverage/ traffic prediction to determine:
- Coverage verification at given locations
- Percentage coverge statistics (2G/3G/4G)
- Incremental coverage after deployment on new sites, new technology deployment or optimization changes
- Traffic distribution based on existing traffic and social media data
New Site Planning by:
- Collating and streamlining new site requests from Commercial, Capacity and Optimization teams
- Coverage hole identification from coverage simulation using Mentum Planet
- Prioritizing planned sites based on incremental population, incremental traffic or complaint severity
- Height, Azimuth, Frequency, Color Code, PSC and Neighbour Plan for new sites (CDD)
New Site Verification:
- Enure new sites are deployed as per design
- New sites performance validation and acceptance according to SLA and agreed KPI
- Alarm management on new sites
- Creating and displaying geographical data on Mapinfo and Google Earth (e.g Sites, Sectors, Polygons, Vectors, etc)
- Translating data between Excel, Mapinfo and Google Earth
- Carry out detailed analysis using Mapinfo e.g Distance Calculation, Buffer Analysis, SQL Query etc.
Data Analysis, Maintenance and Reporting:
- Carry out performance and coverage data analysis and formatting
- Creating routine and on-demand reports, presentation and dashboards
- Maintain accurate database of existing, planned and newly rolled out sites
Key Competencies and Requirements
- University Degree in Computer Science or Telecommunication Engineering
- 5 years of experience in 2G, 3G
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of excel
- Good knowledge in performance management, DB Database and features
- Ericsson or Huawei experience
- The job is located in Lagos and involves working extra hours during rush periods
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
- If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within two week of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion