United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
- Job Title: Procurement Associate
- Location: Abuja Jobs, Nigeria
- Job Type: Renewable Contract Jobs
- Job Category: NGO Jobs
Program Summary / Job Description
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Procurement Analyst, the Procurement Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes in the CO.
- The Procurement Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach in the Unit.
- The Procurement Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Organization of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy
- Control of CO Assets
- Provision of logistical services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Organizes procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendors’ creation in Atlas. . Buyers profile in Atlas.
- Preparation of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Presentation of reports on procurement in the CO.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Implementation of joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Preparation of inventory reports.
- Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.
- Tagging all furniture/equipment upon receipt from the supplier. Update non-expendable property inventory record and track movement of furniture piece.
- Entry in ATLAS of all the requisite asset management information
- Assist in the reconstruction of annual physical inventory verification exercise to ensure accuracy of records and location of property. Ensure that managers sign off on the physical count and correctness of the inventory system database.
- Preparation , certification and timely submission of inventory reports
Ensures organization of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation; arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance; conference facilities arrangements.
- Timely conducted DSA, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall execution of the CO procurement services and success in implementation of operational strategies.
- Accurate analysis and presentation of procurement information, duly organized procurement processes ensure client satisfaction and overall timely delivery of UNDP programmes and projects.
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development:
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems:
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management:
- Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- UNDP Procurement Certification programme
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement. University Degree in Business or Public Administration or any social sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.
- We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further correspondence.
- Total Jobs: 0 Jobs
- Location Federal Capital Territory - Abuja