Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
- Job Title: Programme Officer – (NTD-DFID UNITED Programme)
- Location: Zamfara State, Nigeria
- Job Type: 24 month fixed term contract
- Job Category: NGO, Health
- The successful candidate will be a member of the DFID supported Zamfara State NTDs programme management team and will report to the State NTD, Lead Person
- The Officer will provide general coordination to the programme management team and serve as the programme implementation manager in Zamfara State.
- Support the Zamfara State NTD Lead Person to provide effective management, coordination, and technical advice to the programme
- Coordinate contract implementation in the state and ensure adherence to work plans and budgets for the achievement of planned project outputs
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports
- Coordinate capacity building initiatives
- Support the state and LGAs programme teams
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the Zamfara State NTD Lead Person in monitoring programme implementation in the state
- Responsible for guiding the overall Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) strategy, managing the interventions and use of M&E methodology to meet proposed goals.
Representation and Networking:
- Represent the programme office on monitoring and evaluation issues and ensuring all NTDs data is updated and shared with relevant agencies
- Assist the state programme team to identify opportunities for operational research.
- The ideal candidate will possess a First Degree in Biological Sciences, Public Health and other related disciplines from a reputable institution. A Master’s Degree would be an advantage
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the five leading NTDs, and experience in monitoring and evaluation would be an added advantage with a minimum of 5-6 years working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Local Terms & Conditions apply
Method of Application
To apply for the above position, please follow the instructions below:
- Interested and qualified candidates should first, download and fill the Application form and Equal Opportunities form as two separate documents.
- Ensure to fill the above documents completely and submit to the email in the application link below.
- We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview, shortly after the closing dates.
- We very much regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. I am sure that you will understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
- Please attach Application and Equal Opportunities form only. No CV’s accepted
- We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply.
- Please not also that we do not request money from applicants at any stage of our recruitment process.