Expired on: Feb 16, 2023
Job Category: NGO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Federal Caiptal Territory (FCT)
Company: US Embassy
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protocol Secretary (Protocol Administrative Clerk)
- Position reports directly to the Executive Office Protocol Assistant with oversight from Executive Office Manager; assists with the administrative and operational duties of the Protocol Office.
- Incumbent processes incoming correspondence and invitations with the supervision and review of the Executive Protocol Assistant, to ensure timely and proper reporting to the Executive Office.
- The incumbent ensures accurate administrative filing, data entry and record management of Executive Office gifts items, correspondences, representational events, and Diplomatic Contact list.
- Incumbent assists the Executive Office Protocol Assistant in scheduling appointments for the Ambassador and the Deputy Chief of Mission with senior Government of Nigeria officials and Diplomatic Missions; and also assists with planning and coordinating representational events for the Ambassador and the Deputy Chief of Mission and will learn from the Executive Protocol Assistant the etiquette and expectations of the Executive Office.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Two (2) years of University studies is required.
- Two (2) years of experience in a professional office environment are required.
- Must be knowledgeable about the current political, social and economic scenes and have a credible network of existing contracts within these environments.
- Fluent in speaking/reading/writing English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both orally and in written correspondence is required.
- Typing and data entry skills is required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office especially MS Word, MS Excel is required.
- The ability to use other office software and programs is required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Application Closing Date
16th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry! This job has expired.