Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy. Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the position above.
- Job Title: Public Health Promotion &Non Food Items Distribution Assistant
- Location: Borno State Jobs, Nigeria
- Job Type: Renewable Contract Jobs
- Job Type: NGO Jobs, Health Jobs
- Participate in conducting home visits and visits to the community to identify gaps in hygiene practices.
- Prepare training modules for the promotion of hygiene in the communities.
- Assist the PHP & NFI officer in developing teaching tools adapted to different audiences : songs, role games, meetings, training courses
- Participate in identifying targeted partners within the communities: schools, hospitals, clinics, etc.
- Organize hygiene promotion awareness raising sessions and mobilize communities towards adoption of safe hygiene practices.
- Assist the PHP & NFI officer in conducting training sessions for the community workers and/or targeted populations.
- Participate in beneficiaries selection, registration and distribution of NFI kits.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a minimum of National diploma in health, hygiene and sanitation field with experience in hygiene promotion and community mobilization.
- Be organized and pay excellent attention to details.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Previous experience of work in the humanitarian sector.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
The deadline for this position is Monday, 5th February 2018 at 5.00 p.m.
Please note advert may close before the due date, once we have received applications from qualified candidates.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All applications must be filled and submitted online.
- All application should be received on or before the 14th of November, 2017
- Please note that this advert may close before the stated closing date above
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence